Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 02:06 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The very idea Bush orchestrated this calamity is completely absurd.

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 02:08 PM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

The thing to watch more closely is how this horrific incident is used by our beloved politicians.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 02:10 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I must preface this- I'm sad, profoundly sad, and in shock. I know Hugh is ok, but have no word on other friends there.

Whatever terrorist group or government is responsible may or may not take the credit. Thing is, if any group does, they know they will be hunted down, no holds barred, and prosecuted. They may be domestic or foreign, we just don't know yet.

NO, I do not suspect any US Government conspiracy to kill thousands of it's own people!! And Bush needs to stay focused, this is a CATASTROPHE of great magnitude. I heard reported by a correspondent traveling with him that his eyes were red- apparently he'd cried. God Bless all officials who must make the decisions now. It is a tragic time for everyone involved, but the burdens for them will be great for some time to come.

I don't know who did this, but I do know they have no care for life, their own or anyone elses. Several of them died in the attacks. I guess they figured it was a small number, worth the dying ... but to me, all the dead are to be mourned.

I'm sure the Towers and the Pentagon were chosen as symbolic targets. If any more are hit, they will no doubt also be symbolic. Whoever did it, chose them to make a point or several. America is NOT immune to terorism. We have long thought we couldn't see such things on our soil, but we have been shocked awake and I think our lives will never be the same again.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-11-2001, 02:11 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yes it is, Bush would be too dumb to do such a thing.

Even though the palestinians might not have done it, they certainly seem willing to have done it, even though their leader sent his condolences to America, the population cheered when they heard the news that the WTC had been attacked, maybe they funded the operation and/or sheltered the terrorists?
Old 09-11-2001, 02:11 PM   #15
MagiK

Untill the parties responsible stand up and identify themselves or are identified I think that it is impossible to know the answers to this question.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I got rebucked for saying things like that! Husshhhh.. I think Memmnoch's coming.
I rebuked you not for saying what you said (as you are entitled to your opinion) but for saying it at the wrong time and in the wrong thread. Commonsense, mate! Would you have cracked that joke at a bar in Texas when the news of the tragedy was filtering through? Methinks not. Time and place for everything.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 02:14 PM   #17
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't think Moni meant that Bush orchestrated the attacks. I think she meant that he knew that something was going to happen and arranged to be in Florida that day. He had no idea it was going to be so large-scale, though. I'm for Bin Laden. You're right, Memnoch, it would make no sense at all for Palestina to organize this - they'd know that they'd be the first suspects and would be dealing with some serious retribution. This thing was very well organized, and Bin Laden must've known about it if not organized it - it would be a bit too big a coincedence for TWO big attacks on America to be scheduled around the same time, or?

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 02:15 PM   #18
Moni

Moridin,
Thank you for that clarification.

Yes, I just promised MajiK that I would be more careful of what I say...too late for this post and too late to edit now that it has been quoted but I promise I'll try not to say anything else that may anger anyone.

LoA,
It has been known to happen in the past...I did not say that it is the absolute reson behind it, nor did I say that Bush orchestrated it, but you can't deny that it is a possibility. I cannot say anymore without causing others offense...I promised.

Mark,
You are absolutely right.

I would like to end up knowing later on that I am completely wrong right now.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-11-2001).]

Old 09-11-2001, 02:16 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

MagiK.

I wonder if anyone will take responsibility. Can they be so crazy or proud of themselves to actually stand up and be counted for this terrorist act. I see no reason for anyone to want to take on the full force of the Armed Forces of the USA. I wonder if they can truly resist telling the world.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 02:20 PM   #20
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

It may be a long shot, but I think we could find out a lot from the "flight-data recorders" or black boxes, if they can (or are ever) found. I don't believe that the cockpits of any of those planes were quite...If any info is to come out on who did this I think it will come from these items.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!