Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 AM   #11
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
In case nobody told you all, the rugby season is OVER...now it's time for the cricket. How are the boys doing in Sri Lanka?
Say what?????

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s101/st6520.htm
Old 12-09-2003, 06:12 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What's all this? We've added a couple of new pieces of silverware to our trophy case in the time it's taken you to organise the parade - bless!
I've heard that if you repeat this over and over again like a mantra you eventually start to believe it.

We've got the one that REALLY matters, the one you REALLY wanted, the one that REALLY hurts you deep down.

Happy days!

[ 12-09-2003, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-09-2003, 06:22 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

Nice cast BTW Lanesra - I think you almost got them all!!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-09-2003, 06:29 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What's all this? We've added a couple of new pieces of silverware to our trophy case in the time it's taken you to organise the parade - bless!
I've heard that if you repeat this over and over again like a mantra you eventually start to believe it.

We've got the one that REALLY matters, the one you REALLY want, the one that REALLY hurts you deep down.

Happy days!
[/QUOTE]Tsk tsk old boy - I really must correct you here it seems. The ONE we really want? Come on now - we are Australian, so we want them all and we are used to getting what we want.

But I am betting if you ask the average Australian to vote n which pieces of sporting success he would treasure the most they would roughly rank their longings as :

1) Beat the Poms in the Ashes cricket tests
2) Keep the Bledisloe on our side of the Tasman
3) Please oh please qualify just once in my viewing lifetime for a World Cup (soccer)
4) Let the Shark win the Masters - let's face it he has paid his dues.
5) Let's see the Aussie swimming team beat the Amaericans in the pool at the Olympics

So really Donut, methinks you doth exaggerate just a smidgin, because winning the world Rugby cup doesn't rate a mention in the top 5 really .
Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

So really Donut, methinks you doth exaggerate just a smidgin, because winning the world Rugby cup doesn't rate a mention in the top 5 really .
I've heard that if you keep repeating this over and over again like a mantra you eventually start to believe it.

You're fooling no-one but yourself Davros. I know you're REALLY hurting inside! I've seen your pain with my own eyes remember!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:53 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I've heard that if you keep repeating this over and over again like a mantra you eventually start to believe it.

You're fooling no-one but yourself Davros. I know you're REALLY hurting inside! I've seen your pain with my own eyes remember!

Davros looks up at the quote - just WHO is repeating WHAT over and over again (chuckle guffaw). It is your good self that is using the first two lines over and over agin in the hope that from repitition springs belief. I am sure you will be tempted to try the same thing again, and this will quickly degenerate into one of those woodland cycles where lumberjacks cry out in anguished frustration at the lack of forward progress.

Pain - what pain was this? You mean those groans I made at your daily allotment of piss-taking? You are mistaking bemusement for pain me ole china. I think you will find I suffered through those fairly easily and in good humour. I think it had something to do with the relatively low importance I place on winning an honour that we are all too accustomed to .
Old 12-09-2003, 07:00 AM   #17
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

All this and no mention of that soccer game Australia won You know when the soccer was being played no one mentioned rugby ??? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Ahhh I guess soccer is no longer the main game now

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-09-2003, 07:07 AM   #18
wellard
Dracolisk

Fairs fair though Davros. Those Englishmen amongst us have been very good winners, modest and gracious in victory; and who would have thought that with such little practice

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've been gracious for about 2 weeks now and I'm tired of being gracious. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Still, these things have to be done, so let me close by saying: Congratulations and well done to the Pommies - now you know how it feels like to be an Australian. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Me! Not gracious! I am appalled, my flabber has never been so ghasted. Take this: