Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 09:29 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, so I'm playing through for the third time, and am rocking through the Serpent Temple...find H'Thark, give him the lockpicks, listen to the spiel (not like I need it now, but just to keep the story moving). Anyway, I leave, head to the room with the crusher in it, and all of a sudden I hear behind me, "I TOLD you, I'm not leaving without my Masque!"

So we whirl around to find the beggar standing there behind us with an obnoxious look on his face. We move off, and he moves with us. I'm thinking, "Hey, maybe this is an effect of the game that we didn't know about before...maybe H'Thark joins up with us to get the masque!" Nope. He finally stops at the wheel.

So we do the crusher, get the spider nectar; and each time we go to the wheel, there's H'Thark saying "I TOLD you, I'm not leaving without my Masque!" When we move off, he says "Be seein ya! I think I'm gettin' outta here." Except he never does, like all the other times I've played through before.

So we go off, do the ritual, kill the Naga, off Elyssia, and grab the Masque. We've left the temple a couple of times to sell loot in the meantime, and now we're back. So I figure, I wonder if that crazy rogue is still there?

Guess what...he was. Still saying his same line.

I save the game, then decide to test this out. Does H'Thark take the masque? One of my characters tries to give it to him.

Nope. Won't take it. Just still says, "I ain't leaving without my Masque!"

If I can get him moving again, I think I'm going to lead him downstairs, let him follow me into the crusher, leave and pull the lever, go back upstairs, and start pushing the wh.... wait, no, I'm supposed to be playing GOOD.

Anyone else have this happen to them? This is got to be the weirdest round of W&W I've ever played. First mooning statues, and now irascible rogues.

-Sazerac
Old 01-26-2001, 09:34 PM   #2
Moni

Third time's the charm?
Sounds like you get to play a good game!
Thinking I should go re-install, lol!
; )
Moni

Can you kill H'thark in this one? I smacked him once when I was playing and he whined about being unarmed...we thought of tossing him a sword but decided to just let him be.
Old 01-26-2001, 09:36 PM   #3
adam mage

take him swimming....
Old 01-27-2001, 12:19 AM   #4
Lily the Ranger

He followed my around for quite a bit . . . don't remember where I finally lost him. Shoo! Go away! Shoo! Maybe he went to the kitchen for a bit of monkey stew.
Old 01-27-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
GrimReaper

Maybe it's something with multiple play through. The first two times I liberated H'Thark he left. The 3rd time he followed me around just like you said, only I lost track of him in the wheel room and sort of forgot about him. He might have still been there.

The 4th time I couldn't even find the stupid key to free him. That was when I decided to reinstall and start fresh.

Oomphaz Wizard on the rampage! Watch out!

(BTW - How can an Oomphaz climb on boxes? The game even lets me break the box first and then climb! I would think he would smash through them.)
Old 01-27-2001, 09:29 PM   #6
adam mage

maybe he fell through the traps when you pulled the lever...