Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

So what does everyone make there party out of...
I normally have
Three warrior classes; fighter,babarian,paladin or ranger
A wizard
A cleric
A rogue
and I try to keep an equal amount of males and females as not to be sexist. lol.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

lol, me too! 3 guys, 3 gals, or 2/2 or whatever.
My best party mix is one Necromancer X/Fighter 4, Paladin of Helm(sometimes dualled to fighter equally), Sorcerer, Cleric of Ilmater/Tempus/Lathander, Druid, Ranger(often dualled to fighter 4). One can never have enough magic and combat power [img]smile.gif[/img] I rarely use barbarians, but I know how madly powerfull they are(having 300hp without raging by the end of the game is powerfull). I also sometimes take a monk/rogue instead of the Ranger.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Mage (sorc usually, I think they're better than mages)
Cleric
THief
Bard (bards rock!)
Ranger
And one other (usually a monk)

And an even mix of guys and girls.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:34 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Mine is

Babarian/fighter
Paladin/fighter
Monk
Wizard/Rogue
Socerer
Cleric

3 males 3 females. The monk is always a female. I just love the female monk voice " Master " or" I act in your name ".
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #5
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my opinion, you would be better served if you eliminated 2 of your warrior class tanks and replaced them with another cleric and a sorceror respectively. Clerics are still excellent fighters, and your rogue should also be decent in melee, but adding these extra casters gives you many more spells to bomb the enemy with.

Hence my suggested party for you
Barbarian/Fighter
2 x Cleric (perhaps tempus or helm and talos or lathlander or bane)
Rogue
Sorceror
Wizard of any class

Just a thought...
Old 10-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well IMHO that's just it! There's not best party, really. And this thread is about your personal gaming style, not the best gaming party. Every class, played right, can rule the game. Right now I'm in HoF mode with an all-melee party of a fighter, barbarian, paladin, rogue, monk and ranger, and they rule so many 4$$3$ you can't even count! I once beat the game with an all-spellcaster party and that was also fun.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Well IMHO that's just it! There's not best party, really. And this thread is about your personal gaming style, not the best gaming party. Every class, played right, can rule the game. Right now I'm in HoF mode with an all-melee party of a fighter, barbarian, paladin, rogue, monk and ranger, and they rule so many 4$$3$ you can't even count! I once beat the game with an all-spellcaster party and that was also fun.
an all melle party in HOF??? And no cleric? Amazing
what level did they start?... well i played HoF with a mixed mellee-spellcaster party (starting level 12-14). And never ever engaged the enemy in mellee. the problem with HoF is that although you can deal some damage in mellee, the enemies BAB is so high even the goblins in prologue hit you on almost every hit and the higher enemies hit you no matter what armor youre wearing...
lol my sorcerer and druid got together around 75% of the kills. My 2 melle (ranger/paladin and barbarian/bard) did nothing (they literally did nothing!!) just stood there with bard singing and sometimes he or ranger would cast spells or engage to kill a lone straggler. they got some 3% of kills... the rest of the kills went to my wizard/rogue and cleric/rogue.
So after that I really thought melle suck in HoF...
Old 10-21-2004, 06:14 PM   #8
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

I usually don't have ANY spellcasters except a cleric. I don't like spellcasters much, I don't know what it is. My favourite party composition is as follows:

Fighter (usually high CHA and STR)
Barbarian (high STR and Con)
Paladin (high STR and WIS)
Cleric (high STR and WIS)
Rogue (high DEX and INT)
Ranger or Fighter (high DEX)
Old 10-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I imported a level 15-17(ECLs) party with the end-game equipment(my actual party was level 20-22, and I thought that was overpowered for HoF). They are doing alright. The enemies do hit, but a Barbarian with 400HP just shrugs the damage off with a rage that carries him to 460HP, the Paladin heals it, the Monk evades it blinking out of existence, the Ranger may eat it up, and then kill off the little thing with his 30 STR dual scimitars, the rogue backstabs the man before he even makes a move(on average 50-80 backstab!) and the fighter... actually, the fighter is the one who I have to get out of situations, as she gets to low HP soon, and doesn't have the cool class specials of the other partymembers. But she can still deal alot of damage with her Bastard Sword of Chaos(partly the reason of her dangerous situations, berserker lol) or any other(rare) good bastard sword. Two of my partymembers are totally immune to spells, the Svirfneblin Monk with 50, and the Drow Paladin with 45 Spell Resistance. It was kinda cool to watch them carry on the fight while everyone else is paralyzed.
This party is a power experiment, and I powergamed the hell out of it. I don't really like powergaming much(detest it actually) but this was fun! Several of the fights in HoF I literally watched through, the marauders just cleaving through the enemy
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The Perfect Party is any party with a Druid.

[ 10-22-2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote