Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 03:58 PM   #61
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Yup as I said I think its totaly bogus of him to attack for no reason. I seem to see this a lot more when there are drugs related to the suspected crime. I think it might be partly because the dealers are frequently armed. Why did he know you were alone? Paraphenalia eh? well you got to watch what your friends give you. You know if your friend gave you a package that you didnt open that had drugs in it...by virtue of you keeping it in your house makes you guilty under the law. I know here in DC clay "hash" pipes are considered paraphenalia and as such you are not allowed to own one, just as roach clips and glass pipes are also contraband.

Sounds like you live in a not so nice neighborhood I live in a less than respectable area but so far the police here aren't bad at all and I feel a lot safer with them around than I do without. Guess it all has to do with experiences and perceptions. Hopefully when you finish school, you can get away from that environment.
He thought I was alone because he knew I lived alone and never (rarely ever) had company. From the time they lost the guy with the gun and the drugs, there had been no one in my home but me up until ten minutes prior to the officer coming in. They had been canvasingthe neighborhood since the time they lost him with half hour breaks here and there which is why they didn't see my friend arrive (on foot, so there was no obvious sign of a visitor, my vehicle was the only one in the driveway).

Had I been given a package that they had found drugs in, I would have accepted responsibility for the possession of it. I was neitehr given any such package nor was one ever found on my property.

It was not a hash pipe, it was a simple hand-made clay pipe, made by a Native American friend of mine and a pipe which had seen nothing more than tobacco stuffed into it. Had I had a roach clip or a glass pipe or a plastic pipe or a crack pipe or any other type of REAL narcotics paraphenalia, I would have accepted responsibility for them. I would have even accepted responsibility for narcotics residue in the clay pipe my friend had given me even though I never smoked out of it, I am that honorable a person.

The neighborhood was fine, it was the cops who made it bad. The guy they lost was just someone they pulled over for speeding in front of the house next door who decided to run rather than be busted.
I have since moved way far away and no longer have to worry about having bad cops around until something such as that happens around here, but from what I have seen, our current local police force is made up of honorable men who work for the law, not for themselves. (You assume way too much MagiK).

Old 09-10-2002, 05:54 AM   #62
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
quote:
I don't recall having the "RIGHT TO SHOOT PEOPLE" being in the constitution. Here's what it says.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

I don't read that anywhere in here. Sorry.
I think it was a joke [img]smile.gif[/img] it was very funny when I read it [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Oh... Sorry Donut. Didn't realize that was a funny.[/QUOTE]That's okay Sir Tal - notice the winking smiley!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-10-2002, 06:19 AM   #63
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't recall having the "RIGHT TO SHOOT PEOPLE" being in the constitution. Here's what it says.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

I don't read that anywhere in here. Sorry.
I think it was a joke [img]smile.gif[/img] it was very funny when I read it [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Oh... Sorry Donut. Didn't realize that was a funny.[/QUOTE]That's okay Sir Tal - notice the winking smiley![/QUOTE]Sorry, the subtitles were a bit late! I have other things to do you know?