Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I ran into a bug in the Windspear Hills, for some reason when I enter Garason's cabin, all he will say is that he has a lot weighing on his shoulder and thanks me for my efforts. But he won't say anything about how things faired at the Order and such (yes, I've went back to previous saves, reinstalled, etc.,). Is there a CLUAConsole code I can type in that will trigger the dialogue?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Is this when you first entered the cabin, or when he came back? He should tell you upon his return.

If you're not in the clear, I don't think you get a warm welcome when you return to Athkatla, as all the paladins and knights will be after you.

You could try spawning in another Windspear via the console, but I'm pretty useless on that because I don't know the code. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

When I first enter the cabin, he is supposed to tell you (I think) that he is off to talk to the paladins and then you rest. But he only tells me that he appreciates my efforts and such.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Clua is
CluaConsole:CreateCreature("GARREN")

This will create a new Windspear, but I'm not sure if it will help you out.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:31 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

It's weird, the only time his daughter will talk to me is when I kill him (got bored with Ctrl-Y), but when he dies, so does the new Garren with CLUAConsole. This is about screwed up, hey Six, if you're reading this, do you have any idea what the CLUA code is to kick in the Garren dialogue?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:03 PM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Gangrell, try attacking Garren's child. If she runs out of the house, follow her. Sometimes when I have this bug, this can fix the quest. She should start her dialogue, and when you go back inside, Garren should act as if he's just returned from sorting out the murders with the Order... works for me, anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Worked like a charm, thanks giant.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:08 AM   #8
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

No problem, bud. It's something of an unorthodox approach, but as long as it works.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:28 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well....I was going to ask for specifics on where you were in the Windspear quest, and the order in which you did them, but it appears that the "Tell-me-what-I-want-to-hear-or-I'll-hit-your-kid" approach works just as well.

For future reference, heading into the Windspear Dungeon before spending the night at Garren's can cause bugs in this quest. Garren will appear right outside the dungeon and give you a story similar to what you would have seen had you gone to his cabin, but you miss part of the story, and as far as screwing with the quest variables, it adds an element of risk that I'd rather not have.

And returning to Athkatla before saving Garren's kid will land you in a heap of trouble with some Paladins--unless you've got Keldorn in the party, IIRC. I never tried it with Anomen. (But even after whacking a mess of Paladins, you can still visit the Radiant Heart and they'll still love you, even if you use up all their toilet paper.)
Old 07-17-2003, 02:33 AM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Thanks anyhow Six, Firkragg nearly tore me a new one though, but I made it through alright. By the way, I have one more question. I have the same mods as I did before, EoU, Ascension, Items Upgrade, but something is bugging me about the Harper quests. In a previous data, the quests were triggered all up to Jaheira's "execution" where she is held up in the Harper Stronghold in less than three days. It's been 18 in this data, and the furthest I've gotten is fighting the Herald at the building. Why is that?

[ 07-17-2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]