Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2000, 10:42 PM   #1
Proteus

How do you finally kill a lich? I knock him out and get the 7500 exp then he comes back. Does it take the Holy Water? Dont reveal the purpose of Holy Water if that is not the case.

Thanks
Proteus
Old 11-21-2000, 11:26 PM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He tells you that you can only kill Terikan by bringing his crystal (phylactery) to the tomb of Jamoth, where it will destroy him. Get the key to the Hall of Heroes in one of the coffins to the left of the door, get the green crystal in one of the tombs on the left (not telling which one ), and take it to Jamoth's tomb. It'll destroy Terikan. Hope that helps!

-Wrath

P.S. The holy water was for a mini-quest in the top of the Severed Hand, so might wanna go back there.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2000, 08:38 AM   #3
Montag

I am not talking about Teriken - I have not faced him yet. (I did find his note saying that there is something in Jamoth's Tomb that makes him feel weak.) I have not gotten that far yet. I am concerned with the regular Liches. They are annoying when I beat them down for the 3rd time. The dead they summon are girly girl pests, but the fire spell they use is a pain.

Am I getting confused here? Are the liches I see in the 2 screens after the stairs to lower Dorn really Teriken? I did not have any dialog with them or anything.
Old 11-22-2000, 06:11 PM   #4
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's only one lich in IWD, and that's Terikan. It might be confusing, since it doesn't specify him as Terikan, only as Lich. But this is him! Kill him once, run to the coffins behind him, snatch the key, go to the Hall of Heroes and get the crystal, and take it to Jamoth's tomb. This will destroy him. If necessary, when you fight him again in the Hall of Heroes, have your party distract him and his minions while you have your Thief search each of the tombs for the crystal, since many traps are around.

-Wrath
Old 11-23-2000, 10:23 AM   #5
Montag

Thanks, I got it all squared away. It only took me 3 attempts to get the mummy. Oh the horror!
Old 11-23-2000, 05:46 PM   #6
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Especially if you don't know that they're there! Their spells can ruin your whole party if you're not careful, but spells like Miscast Magic can own them, and own them hard. Have fun in Wyrm's Tooth

-Wrath
Old 01-23-2001, 06:41 PM   #7
hammer

I treated Lichboy as a window of opportunity for slaughter on the scale of the Dwarven/Elf/Orc Horde Wars. And I took barely a scratch. Chose as my first staging ground the staircase leading up to the area you first encounter him. (Thief scouted it out first.) Summoned some minions, protective & enchancement spelled the heck out of everybody (tho I later found this largely unnecessary), then fired off a series of area spells to get things going, just in front of lichboy and/or at the top of the stairs: ensnare and/or web, spiked ground if you have it, toxic cloud type (higher end work on undead), fireball, potions of exposion, etc. By the time any of his sorry summoned undead got near my minions blocking the staircase, if at all, they were easy pickings for the ranged weapons of my jolly party waiting expectantly below. The undead corpses and bones piled chest high as badly wounded lichboy cluelessly summoned away. They piled so high they filled the stairwell, spilled over the banisters, actually creating a wider platform from which to wreak my devestation, since I could now stand on the banisters as well. My mage and cleric would occaisionally top up the area spells as others wore off, or summon more minions when they got whittled down. Eventually he'd either get hurt so bad he'd dimension door over my way or I'd let somebody get too close and he'd come after me, and I'd have to do him in. But of course he'd pop right back and we could start all over again, resting in the forge(?) room when needed, to replenish the spells. I only finally did him in when I was satisfied all my folks had gotten all the levels out of it they were going to in a reasonable amount of time, and I was thoughoughly bored with the activity.