Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 12:54 AM   #21
yaguro

Hold on there Bhaal. Using the same example...30000 exp creature dies, 3 multiclass characters. So each character gets 10000 exp, but each class (which imho is what matters) still gets 5000 exp, the same amount if you had 6 single class characters, which is what I opted for. Finished the game with all characters at about lvl 12. I think I'll restart with this party tho: Fighter, Ranger, Thief, and either a Cleric or a Mage. Mage seems more feasible, since you can always retreat and rest...but man that last battle was TOUGH...would have to be pretty high level to beat it without prayer and recitation...with 4 characters though, they each would get 50% more experience points by the end(that is if they don't reach the cap), enough to get them to 14-16 level. Ah well, we'll see eh?
Old 01-16-2001, 07:56 PM   #22
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Veebergs in the Temple of the forgotten god seem to be placed there for a challange. Since they only give 420 exp, they're hardly worth it unless you have several tanks in your party. I think the most utility character for this level would be a cleric/thief. Sneak past the veebers, or sanctuary past them. come back later if you really need the exp. I also totally endorse the 3 or 4 member party. Fewer cooks to spoil the soup. However, i have met a lot of "puritans" who push up their nose at the Infinity Browser and multiplayer item imports. The first time i played, sure, i imported a few extra arrows and hea potions. who wouldn't? luckily i enjoied the game enough to play it again, with NO cheats, just to see if it was as easy. All in all, IWD is pretty easy, it can be a bit tedious at times. 6 poeple in a party means 6 chances of someone dying. Hwoever ,its also 6 people to carry all the crap you find. but they were good at placing stash spots in the dungeons; like the chests at the entrance of the Dragon's eye dungeon. I playes a solo character once who had to run up to those chests 3 times to get all the items, then had to run between town 3 more times to sell it all, but at least it was all on the 1st board of Dragon's eye in one of those "chests of holding".
3 multiclass characters ARE more powerfull than 6 single class characters by virtue of less friends to be targeted and attacked. A wise thief can sneak up, suprise all the enemies, then lead them away while the fighters clean up stragglers. Much easier than being thrown into the middle of a muddle of melee.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote