Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 02:13 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Here is my party:

Leader: Guork, Fighter (Male) - Goal: Zenmaster
2nd: Gnome, Rogue (Female) - Goal: Bard then Valkyrie
3rd: Omphaz, Mage (Male) - Goal: Max on Fire Spells
4th: Omphaz, Mage (Male) - Goal: Max on Fire Spells
5th: Omphaz, Mage (Male) - Goal: Max on Fire Spells
6th: Whiskas (What cats want!), Priest (Male) - Goal Max on Spirit Spells

Obviously I've left a lot of space open for debate so any acsension opinions would be great. Thing is I'd give some of my own ideas to bounce off you guys but I've had so little experience with roles that I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by this issue. Also what level each of these characters should be when the acsend would be nice to know, thanks!

------------------
Some call it overkill, I call it fun.
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, ArmageddonX!!!

Fighters and Rogues you can change to new roles fairly early - say when they reach 5-7th level. Magic users you want to wait until they reach about 14th level and have learned all the best 7 level spells. Since you want to max them in specific spell classes - just keep them until they have learned them all.

You might want to consider making your Warrior a Paladin to learn Spirit Spells. Or you might want to make him a Samurai. There are so many choices, none of them are wrong! Just have fun with it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Thanks wyvern, that definately helps though I could use more information. Also... I have been on this forum quite a bit but for some reason Ironworks has forgotten who I am, oh well no matter.

I'm actually quite against fiend, stone, and vine spells and I don't really want to get any roles that give me stupid skills. I think my priest maxing out on spirit is enough, my rogue maxing on moon, and my mages maxing on fire.

Also, I heard a lot about musician ability and that having someone who can use instruments is extremely useful, is this true?

When ascending, do the hit, parry, and speed amounts of each role determine what is gained at each level or is that just how much of that stat you have while being in that role?

If I have my rogue acsend to bard at level 5 then immediatly go to barbarian, will I be able to get moon spells just as quickly?

I'll probably have more questions soon.

[This message has been edited by ArmageddonX (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 02:58 PM   #4
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Being that I dont like fiend spells and i think one person with moon spells is enough, should i leave all my omphaz mages at wizard and ignore warlock and any other role?
Old 06-14-2001, 04:11 PM   #5
Traute
The Magister

I disagree about Vine and Stone spells, they are the most useful spell classes, some of the Stone spells beat any Sun spell hands down. Merlin's Shield will protect you against most magic attack, even by hi-lvl monsters, Meteorstorm is the absolutely best offensive spell in the game, and the Vine spells Cure Poison and Cure - well you can use yellow potions against poison, but one of my chars once lost three points of Int permanently, because he was diseased before I could get him to a temple.

Of course, you could let your mages stay in their profession for the whole game, being Oomphaz they'll suffer less, as Oomphaz usually get more HP than other races. But they'd get stronger and more useful, with more skills, if you let them change class a few times.

Traute

[This message has been edited by Traute (edited 06-14-2001).]
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
Traute
The Magister

Oh, and I just tried, really tried to role-play a Bard in my last game. Not impressive. They're 'winded' and 'tired' all the time, and unless your Music skill is really high, and you find the better instruments on the map after Brimloch Roon, they won't kill anything with their fiddles.
BTW, welcome to the board, ArmageddonX !

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote