Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 11:54 AM   #1
Morninglord

Well, I know this board is about BG2, but since there are no board about Planescape on tgeweb, I have to ask my question anyway, and hope that anyone here have played this game.
In the "Alley of lingering sighs", or whatever it is called, the part of Sigil which lives, I have a problem. There is a face in the wall who won't let me pass unless I get rid of a Dabus who is continually working in the area. Now, I spoke to the Dabus and told him he had a dead Dabus friend inside a house close by, and he went in the house to check it up. The thing is, he is neither in the house when I enter it, nor anywhere else in the alley =(
A friend who played the game told me that you should do what I did, tell him about his dead friend, and then raze a half-broken house across the entrance to the house the Dabus entered (to trap him there and thus be "rid" of him). BUT, since he isn't in the house when I go there, I can't raze the house across the enntrance =( Is this a bug, or what is it?? The Dabus is nowehere to be found, but the face still won't let me pass. It surely seems like a bug, and I installed the patch, but to no avail.
What the dilleo should I do?? Is there any cheat for this game that enables me to get past problems like this, or is there a way to solve this crap?
Old 01-02-2001, 11:55 AM   #2
Morninglord

Sorry, this:

"Well, I know this board is about BG2"

That should say "About IceWind Dale" instead =)

(I just copied the post I wrote in the BG2 forum and pasted it here)
Old 01-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
Lord pain

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer but a Planescape torment (and other) forums can be found at http://forums.planetbaldursgate.com/

Just click on Planescape Torment in the left frame there.
Old 01-23-2001, 02:49 PM   #4
hammer

After you tell the dabus about his dead bro, just go tell the the stone head, it'll take care of the rest, then give you another task (for which you should have a crowbar & a hammer in your inventory). Now go hie thee to an appropriate forum. ;-}