Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 05:39 PM   #21
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I thought they said staff......

At any rate they screwed up and made me nothing, is this supposed to happen?
Old 12-07-2001, 06:52 PM   #22
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

how exactly do you get the robe of the apprenti or the staff of power? when I told them to make the robe, one of them blew up, and they said that they screwed up and didn't make it. When I tell them to make the staff, they all blow up, and I don't get the staff!
Old 12-08-2001, 12:54 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To answer a few questions at one go,

quote:
After almost another full day, the Cowled Wizard Teos will show up in the sphere with three apprentices for you: Larz, Nara, and Morul. You can instruct the apprentices to create magical equipment for you, such as the Wand of Apprenti (1000 gold/4 days), a Dagger of "Insert your name here" (250 gold/4 days), or a Ring of Protection (2000 gold/4 days).

There is a chance that your apprentices will fail the creation of your magic item, no matter which you choose. If you choose the Ring of Protection, Larz will die during the process... this isn't random. In order to tell whether or not the mages are going to fail, watch their response when you ask for them to build an item for you. If they tell you that the item will take a few days, then they will live to tell about it. If they tell you that the item will take four days, then at least one is going to die.

After you've had them create your first item, they will then offer to create a scroll for you. You can have them create Mislead (250 gp/4 days), Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting (1000 gp/4 days), Meteor Swarm (2500 gp/4 days). If you choose Meteor Swarm, Nara will be killed during its creation.

Once you've finished with the scrolls, your apprentices will offer one last item for you. These are more powerful than the first and include the Staff of Power. The items they offer to create are a Robe of Apprenti (250 gp/4 days), a Ring of Wizardry (3000 gp/4 days), a Staff of Power (10,000 gp/4 days), or you can choose that they not create any items for you.

How this last item turns out depends upon how many of your apprentices are still alive. If you choose the Robe of Apprenti, Larz will die. Choose the Ring of Wizardry and Nara and Larz will die. The Staff of Power requires that all of your apprentices be alive, and upon success OR failure they will all die. The only way to keep all your apprentices alive is to not choose an item on the last dialogue.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 07:25 PM   #24
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Would I then keep them for choosing:
1 round:
Ring of prot.
2 round:
Scroll
3 round:
dagger
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:10 AM   #25
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Anansi:
Staff of the Magi is just a tad on the cheesy side for me though. It means victories wouldn't be satisying (no fun if it's not fair).

If paladins get Carsomyr, we mages should be allowed to use staff of the Magi with no probs.