Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

May I reccommend a text MUD? - Wow so much easier to play, free, and usually has insane role players. Only problem is if you jump between different muds you will right off the bat notice they come from the same code base (BOO!). So finding unique worlds has come hard to come by since MUDs have existed since like 1990. They usually have in depth character designs, loads of items and areas, and most of all intense roleplayers (if you find a populated one). I played Tibia, was interesting. Muds are unfortunatly hard on the eyes O.O

If you are unaware Mud stands for Multi User Dungeon.

[ 06-08-2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcloak ]
Old 06-08-2004, 08:43 PM   #12
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
First-of-all, Tibia is a free MMORPG, and is apparently very popular. Its set in a fantasy world with sword-and-magic sort of gameplay. I think it could be a very good game(graphics are pretty crap, but what the hell), but Im finding it hard to "get into it". So if there are any dedicated Tibia players lurking around, Id appriciate some tips on the following:

1)How do I trade/get healed? Im kind of at loss as to how to do these things...
2)How do I specialize to become a sorcerer/paladin/druid/etc.?
3)How do I gain mana points?
4)What class should I play first?
I´m an old Tibia player and will try to answer some questions for you.

1.)to trade you rigthclick on a item and select "trade with" then you click on the player you want to trade with,if he/she wants to trade he/she does the same and a new window will come up and show the items and ask you to confirm.
2.)you must become lvl.7(or was it 8?)and then go to a statue on the top floor of a building in town and choose.
3.)By gaining lvls and magic lvls(I never played sorcerer)
4.)Well,knights are easier to begin with because they are cheap and easy to use however sorcerers and paladins can kill alot stronger opponents earlier because they can use hit and run tactics.
Choose which seems the most fun!

[ 06-08-2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Svaerdhelgon ]
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #13
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hehe. Nothing like thread resurrecting [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... but i felt like doing a search on tibia [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...

At the moment Im a tibia nut! lol Phil(downunda) used to be a tibia nut too, but evul Jen got him off the game [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... anyway if anyone does play tibs around here tell me lol! then tell me which server your on [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote