Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 10:46 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
And it is not cheating....it is "game enhancement"!!

heh heh, yeah, nods in agreement yeah, yeah right...
Old 03-18-2001, 10:59 PM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
what do you have?
characters
weapons
spells
Alder - lvl 20 Cleric
Jaheira lvl 14
Minsc (& Boo)(about lvl 17)
Valegar (Can't remember lvl)
Aerie lvl 13/14
Imoen lvl 14/7

Weapons: mostly +3, but have Wave & Equaliser - I know there should be more...sigh, but it seems I missed a lot!
Spells: Too many to list, but my Cleric is up to lvl 7 spells; one mage has lvl 8 spells, and the other lvl 7 ....... but I didn't find scrolls for some of the good ones - and Aerie got beyond her limit to learn some (I shall take darn good care what I give mages to learn in future! Never noticed they couldn't learn all spells 'til too late (depending on intelligence - Aerie only 16)
Funny thing, too - I could have sworn Imoen only had Intellect 14 when she found me, but some time after I rescued her I noticed it was 17.
So - now you know! Any suggestions?
F.

Old 03-18-2001, 11:10 PM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Alder - lvl 20 Cleric
Jaheira lvl 14
Minsc (& Boo)(about lvl 17)
Valegar (Can't remember lvl)
Aerie lvl 13/14
Imoen lvl 14/7

Weapons: mostly +3, but have Wave & Equaliser - I know there should be more...sigh, but it seems I missed a lot!
Spells: Too many to list, but my Cleric is up to lvl 7 spells; one mage has lvl 8 spells, and the other lvl 7 ....... but I didn't find scrolls for some of the good ones - and Aerie got beyond her limit to learn some (I shall take darn good care what I give mages to learn in future! Never noticed they couldn't learn all spells 'til too late (depending on intelligence - Aerie only 16)
Funny thing, too - I could have sworn Imoen only had Intellect 14 when she found me, but some time after I rescued her I noticed it was 17.
So - now you know! Any suggestions?
F.

SPOIL ALART!!! THE DOWNBELOW IS ULTIMATE STRATEGY:
Boo! Go for the eyes, go for the eyes!!!! ARRrrraaaAAAGGGG!!!!

Old 03-19-2001, 06:01 AM   #14
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Step 1...remove deamons. Igonre the slayer untill all the deamons are taken out. Hopefully your strong enough to do this quickly cuase the slayer will attack whoever is close.

Step 2...You gata dump his magic protections. Nail him with a copple Ruby rays, then breech and the 5th level defence spell killer (can't remember the name right now.) Keep him engaged with someone, maybe your priest and Minsc. don't let them get too banged up. Slayer is slow so if your a good party and are hasted or have boots of speed you can run around in circles wile he chases you.

Step 3...Once the defence is down, have your mages unload spell sequencers, and put Minsc and your cleric on him up close. Get Valie usen a bow with as powerfull of arrows you can find.

step 4....Unload ever damageing spell you got on him. Start a warrior rotation on the slayer. What I mean is...Once one character has taken alot of damage and is about to die, get him out of their! Slayer will blindly keep attacking whoever is beating on him at the time. Rotate the injured character out, have Jahera or yourself cast heal..Send em back in! Might even want to send Valigar that way too, unless he is doing good with the bow. Eventually Jon (the slayer) will run out of health.

It does take a wile and your millage may vary. I also don't know if Jon can be hurt by spells, but it made me feel really good blasting away with Aeria and Imoen. The key is to just keep the pressure on him, like killing trolls. Eventually they will go down. Just roll with his other attacks. When I fought him he mazed Minsc (which takes along time for boo to get out of), and my palidan Keldorn panicked. It got really uguly for a wile, but I held him off with Jahera and my fighter/mage, untill the cavilary arrived, and once those two warriors joined in the fight the slayer was.....Well Slane.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-19-2001, 07:44 AM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thanks Kellin!
This time I try your method! Fingers crossed - hope it works!
F.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:09 AM   #16
Lord Shield

If you have Minsc (with Death Ward and Pro vs Petrification) face Slayer on his own, Jon will Maze him a couple of times. Each time Minsc comes back, some of Jon's protections will have expired. Also, have Jaheira use the Staff/Woodlands to summon Shambling Mounds to swamp the git

Old 03-19-2001, 01:56 PM   #17
Rikard

And get all the protections you can get from your own priests
Boost yourself up with all the drinks you can find
You won't need them afterwars anyways

------------------

The Legend Master Necromancer
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-19-2001, 02:12 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

What worked well for me...

Summon what ever you can before you smash the eyeball things. Place them where the demons come out. Elementals worked great. Cast protection from evil, haste, chant, etc. Also have some high level spells on spell trigger, contingency, and spell sequencer. The thing that changed it most for me though, was summoning elementals before i triggered the fight to start. They took a lot of hits for me so my main characters could cast spells and worry about irenicus.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-19-2001, 02:53 PM   #19
Elhardo
The Magister

I agree with Kellin's plan dont cheat. Also b4 the battle cast haste on your party then when they come through leg it to the south, Irenicus will just sit around at the top doing nothing, you can easliy kill the demons then kill him on his own...
Old 03-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

no one agree with my strategy??

GO FOR THE EYES!!! GO FOR THE EYES BOO!!!!