Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 03:58 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Didn't know if you all knew this or not, but I got the new server up online-- it's SO much faster, (Well, at peak times, it's kinda slow, but that's bandwidth), but as I type this we have 129 people logged into the forum proper. WOW!

You won't see anymore 'Cannot Service Request'!!

Thanks Wyvern and others for keeping the W&W Forum here running smoothly! This has gotta be the best forum resource on the net!

You guys should all drop by General Conversation from time to time!!

Also: The search feature is back ON and Smilies are back as well! I'll get Sticky posts back into the code asap as well. (Anytime I upgrade versions of UBB, it overwrites my old code and mods)-- UBB 6.03 beta is out, but I wanna wait till it's out of beta. We have WAY to many people on here to run a beta! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

But this new UBB 6.03 will have user ranks/avatar support built in! I had to code in the avatar/ranks into this version.

More soon! Also soon I'll have a 'Global' news alert thingy that I'll add that will alert ALL forums when there is new news. (That WAS in an older version of UBB, but they removed it.. hmmm odd.)

Thanks!!

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YAY!!!!!

Will we get STICKY posts back soon?? Love the new server!! So nice!!

Old 04-15-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I second the feelings! Glad to see it's up and running well.

And Wyv, I love the bouncies doing the wave, too. Is that on purpose, or a happy side benefit?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 02:05 AM   #4
D*one
Manshoon

I third wyvs feeling........

ps wyv how do u do the bouncy smilies???

[ 04-16-2002, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: D*one ]
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 09:12 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The wave just happened! I like it too!

To insert an image in a post you need to use a command/code:

is created by
using [img] followed by the web location of the picture which in this case is http://www.armbcr.org/smiley/mummy.gif and then followed by [/img]

[img] http://www.armbcr.org/smiley/mummy.gif [/img]

No spaces between all that stuffes - I just put them in so you could see how it is done.

Now don't go image crazy on me, please! I love seeing images now and then but if we all start adding bunches of them, it slows down the loading time of the thread, etc.

If everyone really wants to have a IMAGE HALL OF FAME or wosname - maybe once we get the sticky posts back, we can create a thread for that purpose.

My son and I have been creating masses of different bouncies of late and since they are so small, I've been testing a few here. The only thing I wish I could do here is use the html marquee command to make my tumbling mummy look like he was being blown across the post. That would have been "way kewl"!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote