Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
spydar

I don't know if this has already been posted somewhere and am, quite frankly, too lazy to look.
How the hell do you kill the bodak in Quint's tower at the castle in Charwood? I've tried spells and potions and nothing is working. My character is a sorceror and I've got Daelen with me.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:58 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

What I did was I just kept hacking and slashing, running away when he tried to use his Death Wail (which, quite irritatingly) was almost always fatal to my character. I'm not sure if he has some immunities or something, but that tactic worked just fine for me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:23 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Same here. I always use the "charge-in-with-the-big-boys and-let-the-punies-stay-behind-to-throw-rocks" tactic quite often with the tougher creatures. I gotta barbarian dwarf that loves to get up close and personal.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:22 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

*shrugs. They may be irritating, but they are no tanks (meaning: few hp).
I suggest casting spells like Sanctuary or Invis. to sneak up on them, and then kill them quickly in an suprise attack....
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:59 PM   #5
koconnor100
The Magister

Clerics may simply cast the death ward spell, becoming immune to death magics. And then just hack away.

Mages may save the game after every successful save against the death gaze (and reload when you blow it)

Greater belt of guiding light (available at temple of tyr) gives immunity to death magicks as well.

[ 04-05-2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: koconnor100 ]
Old 04-07-2003, 03:01 AM   #6
spydar

What I ended up doing was simply going around and entering the room with Quint from the back way. Then while the bodak was trying to break down the door I just threw a bunch of spells at him while Daelen used his bow. The bodak killed Quint once, but that hardly matters since he just pops back up again.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

The trick is to use a dispelling spell... or a protection from magic on yourself, then hack and slash him into shape, and if that doesnt wrok, well whoever said it would hurt to use Weird?
Old 04-13-2003, 12:54 PM   #8
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

my barbarian has pretty good reflex and fortitude saves (~11 each), but terrible (3) will saves. I saw that the death wail was save Vs will so I started looking what I had that would boost it. a few things I came up with were
1. barbarian rage
2. potions of owl wisdom (+ D4+1 wisdom)
3. potions of Aid i think helped as well
4. any cloak/ring/belt etc that added to saving throws

also...
4. potion of speed (to get it over with faster
5. hardest hitting weapon I had (greatsword +1) with powerattack
6. save after successful save Vs will

it took me a while but I got there
Old 05-01-2003, 04:58 PM   #9
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Hmmm....my Paladin whacked him in short order. Perhaps the Paladin class just happens to be a good match for the Bodak?
Old 05-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Hmmm....my Paladin whacked him in short order. Perhaps the Paladin class just happens to be a good match for the Bodak?
Paladins get a bonus to all of their saving throws. Helps just a little.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote