Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2003, 11:35 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Go and look on your Department of the Treasury site for your state. I did. And clicked on "Unclaimed Property", then "Property Search". I entered in the info it needed, and then waited.

Well I have now received something in the mail today, so has my husband and sister-in-law and mother-in-law (as they also tried it), all I have to do is copy my driver's license and send it in basically verifying I am who I am, and I will receive some money! It apparently is some pay owed from the past. My particular paper mentions "Kmart", and I DO remember working for them when I was 18 and I left and never did get my last paycheck. So I'm pretty sure what my refund is about. Nobody else though knows, my husband's seems to be a refund from the DMV I think LOL. I think Sis-in-Law's refund is bank account money left over from her deceased father (she searched not only for herself, but deceased family member's names as well.

Either way, I cannot say that other states will have the same "Unclaimed Property" section in their website as Virginia does, but it is at least worth a try.

Here is the link to the Virgina one, just so you see what I mean.

http://www.trs.state.va.us/

Try a search for your state's Dept. of the Treasury and see if you get something, it can't hurt anyways [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
MagiK

I tried every name I could think of on the Maryland site....no body has anything waiting for them from here.....of course Maryland is quite notorious for its quick disposition of funds that it doesnt own