Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 08:10 PM   #11
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Sounds to me like they should move the execution date up and save money all around, because I'm definitely in favour of the death penalty.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:07 PM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by IronDragon:
Recognize I am not advocating a cost/benefit examination here but I would have to think that the anti-rejection medications he would have to take for the rest of his life would come to cost about the same as his current dialysis.

The slippery slope is if we say that this person is undeserving of a transplant because of his past are then not obligated to examining all potential transplant recipients and judging their past behavior? Who will decide if a potential recipient is moral enough to receive a transplanted organ?

I have a good friend who has received two transplanted organs (kidney and pancreas) and is now leading a normal life. Paul spent ten years as a heavy substance abuser and readily admits to leading a less than moral life for those ten years. Was he moral enough to be on the transplant list in the first place?
I have to disagree with you on this point. The person in question is not just another person who has maybe done some immoral things in their life. This person is a convicted criminal on death row. That says some things to me: this person was found quilty of not just IMMORAL behaviour but CRIMINAL behaviour. All criminal behavious is immoral, but not all immoral behavious is criminal. (Does immoral have 2 m's?). Alsok the crime he was convicted of was serious enough so that he was sentenced to death.

With all due respect, I believe this sets him apart from most of the population, in spite of some immorality on their part.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-18-2003, 11:29 PM   #13
spydar

k, maybe it's cause I'm from canada, but I still don't see the connection to extinction??? unless you mean that people are crazy so there should be one (we are over-due for the next ice age after all)
Old 06-19-2003, 01:57 AM   #14
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Why not just scentence him to death by kidney failure?