Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #71
Lavindathar
Harper

Default Re: Did my first ever 25 man raid ever!

Yeah your swiftstrike ones are defo better

And in PvE gear you want 0 resiliance...if you've got resiliance your wasting DPS.

If your dying from things like pounding etc, it means your not moving out in time.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #72
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
I managed to get +268 hit from resocketing - I still got my meta gem bonus and the other bonuses other than the +2 agi bonus from belt, I decided to socked 2x +10 hit for those. The results were spectacular! I am now top 4 raid dps (900+dps) and total damage. My only issue is that because I resocketed away from blues I lost +30sta and because I'm using all PvE stuff I only have 93 resil and so a couple of times I got two shotted by void reaver's pounding. But I'm doing a shitload more DPS now.
Grats, you are improving and are nearly breaking the 1k dps mark.

Don't worry about losing stamina, you will get 9k unbuff hp by the time you reach T6 content.

Like Lav said you do not need resilience for pve. If you are deperately wanting to pvp. Set aside another set of gears for pvp.

Remember in VR, you can clos through (forgot what attack name) to negate some of the damage.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Grats, you are improving and are nearly breaking the 1k dps mark.

Don't worry about losing stamina, you will get 9k unbuff hp by the time you reach T6 content.

Like Lav said you do not need resilience for pve. If you are deperately wanting to pvp. Set aside another set of gears for pvp.

Remember in VR, you can clos through (forgot what attack name) to negate some of the damage.
I used evasion to avoid the pounding damage as it's instant, you can't CloS through it. But I had to move back fairly often to avoid the pounding as it does like 5K damage a pop.

I have a separate set of gear for PvP - I have 300 resil with that gear.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #74
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Downed Gruul again got my T4 pants on a 99 roll woot!! I now have 268 hit unbuffed.

Also, I noticed I'm pulling way more threat now that I think I'm doing more DPS. I'm dying a bit more now.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #75
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
I used evasion to avoid the pounding damage as it's instant, you can't CloS through it. But I had to move back fairly often to avoid the pounding as it does like 5K damage a pop.

I have a separate set of gear for PvP - I have 300 resil with that gear.
There's an attack that have arcane damage that I forgot the name which you can clos through to reduce damage taken. Blizz must have remove it then.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #76
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Downed Gruul again got my T4 pants on a 99 roll woot!! I now have 268 hit unbuffed.

Also, I noticed I'm pulling way more threat now that I think I'm doing more DPS. I'm dying a bit more now.
In 25 man, you'll need to vanish to remove threat once the boss hp is down within the region of 60%~55%.

You should see my threat, i'm always 1%~2% behind the main tank. sometimes when I vanish I can even chase the threat back.

Which is why the guild I'm in just cannot down Gruul. I'm always the first one to die to hurtful strike. When I die our melee group's dps goes down the toilet.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #77
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
There's an attack that have arcane damage that I forgot the name which you can clos through to reduce damage taken. Blizz must have remove it then.
You're talking about the void orbs? They don't really hit melee though, mainly ranged and casters.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #78
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
In 25 man, you'll need to vanish to remove threat once the boss hp is down within the region of 60%~55%.

You should see my threat, i'm always 1%~2% behind the main tank. sometimes when I vanish I can even chase the threat back.

Which is why the guild I'm in just cannot down Gruul. I'm always the first one to die to hurtful strike. When I die our melee group's dps goes down the toilet.
I have this habit (from pvp) of using all my AP-buff trinkets and items at the same time - I use Bladefist to get +200AP, then I use AR to max combo regens, then I use Drums of Battle, then I use Blade Flurry at the same time, then I use the Terokkar Tablet that increases your AP by a further 175 20 secs later. At one point I was putting out 1000dps without Windfury (our shamans are usually retarded and our raids tend to have more huntards than melee DPS) and was very close to main tank aggro. It's usually then that I get critted by Hurtful Strike for 15k-20k damage (basically one shotted).

Hey, if you guys use Omen, is there a way to show more than just me and the main person holding aggro? I usually just have 2 names in my Omen threat meter - the main tank (e.g. 20K aggro) and me (eg. 5k aggro). Surely there are people in between? How do I show them? I couldn't figure it out.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #79
Lavindathar
Harper

Dunno Mem, my Omen shows everyones threat...

Drag it and make the window bigger?

And Kakero, over aggro is always the DPS fault. I can put out a steady 2000 TPS, which even SWP tanks can't make. You just have to stop DPS.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #80
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you are melee, once you get even more powerful, you don't even need to be in top 5 agro list be hit by hurtful strike. It's really excrutiating and it boggles the mind.

Next time, might just as well auto attack Gruul. Like I did with VR last time.