Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #41
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Did my first ever 25 man raid ever!

Warlocks are notorious for not clicking and keep on dpsing.

Take the 5 clickers aside and give them a good scolding.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #42
Lavindathar
Harper

I always clicked!

And when I was running Maggy, I was affliction, so wasnt too much of a problem tbh
Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Are any of the clickers taking damage? Because I asked around today and apparently some of them died because nobody healed them. I thought that as clickers you wouldn't pull aggro?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 AM   #44
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Are any of the clickers taking damage? Because I asked around today and apparently some of them died because nobody healed them. I thought that as clickers you wouldn't pull aggro?
You take damage while channeling, so yes you can kill yourself. The clickers need to all click at the same time -- you do this when you see Mags casting bar start casting blast nova, and you assign someone to call out in vent something along the lines of CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!!!! You know all channelers have joined and ended the spell when he emotes O NOEZ NOT AGAIN!! At that time the channelers need to quit channeling -- jump, walk forward, cast a spell, hellfire, whatever.

I've been absent for a bit from this forum, lurking just not posting (lost password, lol) but I'm back and I gotz a new ride a few weeks ago.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
You take damage while channeling, so yes you can kill yourself. The clickers need to all click at the same time -- you do this when you see Mags casting bar start casting blast nova, and you assign someone to call out in vent something along the lines of CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!!!! You know all channelers have joined and ended the spell when he emotes O NOEZ NOT AGAIN!! At that time the channelers need to quit channeling -- jump, walk forward, cast a spell, hellfire, whatever.

I've been absent for a bit from this forum, lurking just not posting (lost password, lol) but I'm back and I gotz a new ride a few weeks ago.
WB mate, nice mount. What happens if they don't stop channelling? Do they get this debuff that I thought had been nerfed?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:28 AM   #46
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
WB mate, nice mount. What happens if they don't stop channelling? Do they get this debuff that I thought had been nerfed?
There are 2 components to channeling:

1: This one is NO LONGER in existence and was nerfed. Previously, ie. when I killed him for progression, channeling gave you a debuff that prevented you from channeling again for a set amount of time, I think it was 90 seconds. This meant you had to have TWO groups of 5 clickers, and they had to rotate on each blast nova because Mag's cooldown for casting blast nova was shorter than the debuff (and death of any meant having to have someone else grab their cube). This was nerfed, and now the debuff doesn't exist and you can keep the same ONE group of 5 clickers on the cubes the whole fight. Of course, if any of them die, they need to be replaced. ALL THAT IS HISTORY, OF COURSE.

2. Channeling does damage to you over time as you channel. This STILL EXISTS. So you want to have those 5 clickers all STOP CHANNELING when he says, very loudly, "NO NOT AGAIN."

For story purposes, you are in effect having your raiders imprison him in a similar fashion to the channelers you kill at the opening of the fight, that's why his emote is "NOT AGAIN." You want to imprison him on blast nova because it does 2188-2812 fire damage every two seconds to all of your raiders for 10 seconds. That's upwards of 2500 average x 5 ticks, or 12500 damage to each and all of your 25 raiders, which is impossible for the healers to heal through, especially at that gear level.

TLDR version: Heal the channelers while they are channeling, as they take damage.

Side note: If you think this is nasty, the first boss in BT, Naj'entus, puts up a shield that you have to break, and when it breaks EVERYONE in the raid takes 8500 frost damage, and at that level of gear, yes the healers DO have to simply heal through it.

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 08-28-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I didn't realise they took damage while channeling. So our healers failed then. Anyway, another Kara run tonight, hopefully another 20-odd badges to get me up to 50.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #48
Lavindathar
Harper

Yup Timber is right, you do take damage while healing, channelers need to be healed.

And Grats on the mount

Trying to get one for my alts atm
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I did my second Kara run last night, downed Curator before people had to call it quits. Finishing up the run this Sunday. Mag again tomorrow!

Does anyone have any tips for Nightbane btw? I read up on it at Bosskillers but wanted to get some feedback from the experts here as well.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #50
Lavindathar
Harper

Nothing to tell really, he's just as easy as the other bosses, except it's Karazhans gear check. The fight is longer, so people need to not lose mana etc.

Anyway,

As a rogue all you do is DPS him down. Stand side on, avoid his tail swipe and his front cleave (I dont think hes lost any of these moves in a nerf).

He will fear, so just be careful not to get feared in front/behind him.

He also spawns hot spots on the ground, little dark void circles. Avoid these, they hurts.

At 75/50/25% he will take off. Casters continue to nuke him down, you can't.

Get your group to all clump up, he will do a Rain of Bones AoE attack. He will then spawn skeletons, 8 I think. DPS these down.

Then he will come and land, and you repeat all the way to 0%.