Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 05:23 PM   #31
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Ziroc or anyone I would apprecate it if someone could help me get a picture into my sig.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-25-2002, 05:42 PM   #32
Jorath Calar
Harper

I like the idea of a button on top... I always look for a post by Melusine for the link in her sig... maybe I should consider adding it to my favourites... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #33
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
On a similar vein: How about an IW members map. It would be a great way of seeing where everyone comes from. All we would need is a nice big map of the world (probably 1024x740) and somewhere to host it. I would happily update it over the next couple of weeks, with people locations.
That would be really cool... but the logistics might be too much. I mean, even if you only had GD regulars (not all 7000 lol ), you'd have heaps and heaps of people to put on.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #34
Lord Shield

Quote:
On a similar vein: How about an IW members map. It would be a great way of seeing where everyone comes from. All we would need is a nice big map of the world (probably 1024x740) and somewhere to host it. I would happily update it over the next couple of weeks, with people locations.
that WOULD be a good idea except some of us do not want stalkers hounding after us, thanks. NOBODY's putting me on a map!! And I suspect many of the other members would agree

Old 04-27-2002, 07:54 AM   #35
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
That would be really cool... but the logistics might be too much. I mean, even if you only had GD regulars (not all 7000 lol ), you'd have heaps and heaps of people to put on.[/QUOTE]I think it would be doable; it's just a question of everyone who wanted to be on it signing up with details in one thread (much like the census). Then I could use this to plot everyone on map. Anyone else got any thoughts on the matter?
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 04-27-2002, 09:00 AM   #36
Jorath Calar
Harper

You could even split it up. Have one "World map" and then people can click on a part of it and there is a smaller detailed map with member names...
Old 04-27-2002, 10:08 AM   #37
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I like the idea, though I would say keep both. The IW photo album could be for member pics and we could keep Stealthy's for other pics like of well, like now......other things.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-27-2002, 01:28 PM   #38
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well any would be fine... but then it would be easier for you if you just put a link as they said. Stealthy's Site will still be in business
Old 04-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #39
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
You could even split it up. Have one "World map" and then people can click on a part of it and there is a smaller detailed map with member names...
if those members want to BE on a map that every other bugger can see

Old 04-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #40
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
if those members want to BE on a map that every other bugger can see
But I can already see you live in Kent [img]tongue.gif[/img] A map wouldn't put your house on view!

I'm in London, if anyone wants to stalk me they're welcome to try, but with a population of 11 million, good luck [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh well OK some trusted old friends here do have my address, so they would find it a tad easier!