Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

Yes, it is me... after what seems like a lifetime without the boards... here I am. I have been to Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin and all over Minnesota. They have kept me in the Central time zone... and have hauled everything from chemicals to paper products (can anyone say tons of toilet paper and paper towels??)

So here I am with a new appreciation for staying put. I am older than I was before (when I used to drive over the road) and my body takes more of a beating than it used to. If anyone can give a good massage, let me know!!

I have seen back roads of Wisconsin and Oklahoma... places I didn't know existed. And if it weren't for the telephone lines, I don't think they would know there were other places than where they were. I am talking towns so far in the boonies, that if you were to sneeze, you would blow the sign that says on one side "Welcome to ..." on one side and "Come again" on the other. There are places so out in the middle of nothing that they have to drive over 5 hours to find a convenience store!

Having said that, I have fallen in love with Dallas, TX. What a town!! I have found the best sushi - bar none! - on Lover's Lane in Dallas. The traffic is nothing compared to what I am used to and it is a gorgeous town at night. There are few places with food that is mediocre, and it is easy to find bookstores. What more could a girl ask?

I am driving a beat up 1995 International CabOver truck. The poor thing looks like it lost a war... but it keeps on ticking. When you add oil to a truck this size, it takes a gallon at a time... think about that. Just scares me. I have what is referred to a "doghouse" in the truck - meaning you have to climb over a HUGE hump to get to the back where the bunk is. It is amusing. And makes me wish I were even smaller so I could get around easier.

It never fails... driving down the road, a passenger in a car will see me driving and immediately turn to the driver as if to say, "You should see that!! A GIRL is driving that truck!!" It is funny every time it happens.

No really good stories to tell yet. There have been incidents, but none on the amusing side. Will keep you all posted.

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy and healthy. And something I have learned... NEVER take sleep for granted!!

The Truckin' Punkin' Fluffy

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!? Dang, they are wet... perhaps a Bic... nope... same problem - ok, I will settle for a couple of sticks and a magnifying glass... <grin>
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.The Upanishads
Have found the Path I have been searching for... now to Dance upon it!
Old 09-02-2001, 08:26 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I would like to hear the tales of your journeys Charean!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-02-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Good to see you Charean!!!!! Luv your stories of your trip!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-02-2001, 08:29 PM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Heya Jo!!!!
Long time no talk!
Im preparing to move to aussie on thursday to live and work
So youll not be the only one not having time to post on the forums
I was meant to send ye an email but been sooooooo dmn busy packing stuff
Well anyways how r ya? Good to see a happy face around

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-02-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
Rikard

Nice to have a word from you again charean
thou i'm sorry the fluffy thing blown away a bit
When are you leavin' again and where to???

Old 09-02-2001, 08:31 PM   #6
Moni

Hey there!!!!!!

Hey, maybe that was you I waved to on I-35 going north toward San Antonio?!

I've been dying to tell you that I waved at the first punkin truck I saw and there was a woman driving it!
I have seen a whole convoy of them since then, going south while I was on my way north and vice versa and I see one or two a day it seems.
Do drop me an e-mail if you can when you are going to be down this way again with time to spare! We'd love to treat you to dinner at least if not do more as well! I also give great massages if you don't mind having a woman rub you down.

So nice to see you back!
I do hope you are getting to have some fun!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-02-2001, 08:33 PM   #7
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Hey there!!!!!!

Hey, maybe that was you I waved to on I-35 going north toward San Antonio?!

I've been dying to tell you that I waved at the first punkin truck I saw and there was a woman driving it!
I have seen a whole convoy of them since then, going south while I was on my way north and vice versa and I see one or two a day it seems.
Do drop me an e-mail if you can when you are going to be down this way again with time to spare! We'd love to treat you to dinner at least if not do more as well! I also give great massages if you don't mind having a woman rub you down.

So nice to see you back!
I do hope you are getting to have some fun!

That's odd
I never see Female Pumpkin Truckdrivers
But that could just be Holland

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-02-2001, 08:36 PM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
That's odd
I never see Female Pumpkin Truckdrivers
But that could just be Holland

But that is outweighed by the fact of Amsterdam

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-02-2001, 08:41 PM   #9
Charean
Hathor

Tee hee... not a lot to tell at the moment... just getting my stamina back up. I have to drive 10 hours a day.. at LEAST 500 miles (occasionally I can pull off 575 - these trucks are governed and can only go 63 miles per hour!! Heavy sigh!)

I miss sleep. I do have a lot of time to read, thank goodness. Waiting to get loaded or unloaded somewhere... waiting in line for a shower at a truckstop, or just trying to relax enough to sleep.

Haven't been south of Dallas yet, Moni... will let you know. Will try to email you from my phone... darn thing is real handy.

Yes, there are a LOT of women driving, and some of them look like models - makes me wonder how they fare driving a truck... me, I look like Jo Average!!

It is good to see all of you still on the boards!! I was wondering what would change while I was gone!! And I miss you too, AzureWolf!! Haven't given anyone a bad time lately! (giggle)

And Rikard, when you ever get to the States... watch out for the female truck drivers... they are EVERYWHERE!!
Whee.... bonk! (Dang, passed out on the monitor!)

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!? Dang, they are wet... perhaps a Bic... nope... same problem - ok, I will settle for a couple of sticks and a magnifying glass... <grin>
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.The Upanishads
Have found the Path I have been searching for... now to Dance upon it!
Old 09-02-2001, 08:48 PM   #10
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Charean? Are you With us?

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!