Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #61
dplax
Jack Burton

Introduction post for Deoradhàin and Layna:

They had spent the last three weeks in this jail cell. They had expected hospitality from the humans of the town but instead they had gotten jailed for being enemies of Morgoth. But for a day now change had been in the air. Layna could feel it. She often did feel strange things. The feeling of change was proved right when just before nightfall an officer of the guard came to their cell.

"The captain has ordered me to release you two. The lord is no longer among the living and his orders no longer stand. Lady Easthome wishes to talk with you two." - he said while opening the lock of the cell with a large rusted key.

He led them out of the prison and into the light, which was the last dying rays of the sun. Away in the distance thunder could be heard and slowly raindrops started falling. The officer led them through the streets of the town to where the town gates were. When they came in view of the gate, the horn of the watcher on the gate was blown. The officer quickened his pace and then they reached the gate.

A great commotion had already started and then the word reached them that an orcish host of two hundred had just been spotted. A human woman of around 25 years stepped up to Deoradhàin and Layna.

"I am Harmeth, daughter of the late Lord Easthome. Although I am sorry for your imprisonment as you must have seen me and my men we have a more urgent problem on our hands. Although I know that this would be too much to ask, we need every man we can get. I know that you were mistreated by my father, but pray forget your past grievances and join us in our time of need."

Guards could be seen running all around the place as they went to tell their comrades to arm themselves.

Outside the town three orcs detached themselves from the main body and went to talk with the smaller group which had already been stationed next to the town earlier. Altogether the orcs numbered close to two hundred and fifty and the town's men when all armed four hundred. However they were not all as practiced warriors as the orcs and not all of them could be fully trusted.

OOC: edit: and a new avatar!

[ 11-12-2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 11-15-2004, 05:57 PM   #62
dplax
Jack Burton

For Salphur, Hurlon and Bober:

Bober's thrown rock missed the orc, and Bober then lunged at the orc along with Salphur and Hurlon. But none of them got the orc. The unmistakable sound of an arrow flying in the air could be heard and the orc suddenly halted, the arrow sticking out from betwenn its eyes. After a few seconds of motionlessness the orc fell to the ground, dead. Before either Salphur, Hurlon or Bober could react they fealt heavy objects striking them at the backs of their heads.

They woke up individually several hours later.

====================================

For Bober:

Bober's waking was gentle. A soft forest breeze and the music like voice of elves was what woke him. An elderly, extremely wise looking elf stood over him.

"I learnt, much from you in your sleep, young dwarf. You have gone through many perils, yet your heart has remained unscathed. Our scouts had been following you and your two captors from the stronghold. I am sorry for us having to take you by force. We could not take any unnecessary risks. You are free to continue on your journey, however I request of you to stay a few more hours, while we investigate the matter of your companions deeper."

The elf left Bober alone to his thoughts in the soft leaves, which formed a bed.

For Hurlon:

Hurlon's waking was much more abrupt than that of Bober. The same elderly elf stood over him, as the one who had seen Bober just a few minutes ago.

"I have read much of your heart in your sleep too. You have committed evil deeds, yet I see good in your heart. I am willing to let you go with one condition: never travel with Salphur again, and don't follow the evil path again. Do you accept these conditions?"

For Salphur:

Salphur's awakening was the most abrupt of all three. He was roughly shaken awake by two elven guards, while a young man stood over him.

"You Salphur are a disgrace to the elven race. Many are those who have cursed your name. Among your acts one of the worst was corrupting that young human Hurlon. Have you got any explanation to offer for your acts?"

[ 11-16-2004, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 AM   #63
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Salphur
Salphur thought it unwise to try and take down two guards, instead he decided to try a sneaky tactic by pretending he had suffered memory loss...
But his mind was constantly worried about how his master would treat him for failing. He knew then and there that he must escape, both his captors and his masters wrath.

"Wha...wha?? whats going on...who are you?? where am I??"

Before the guards could reply, Salphur continued what he thought was an excellent performance..

"What are you talking about? Who is Salphur???"

Salphur knew that one of the guards would have to leave to to signal to someone that they had gotten a response from him, at that point he would try to take out the single gueard and go from there, noticing that there were no areas with good cover, it would be difficult, but he was excellent at using disguises.

[ 11-16-2004, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Old 11-16-2004, 07:42 AM   #64
dplax
Jack Burton

For Salphur:

Salphur saw the young man look at him in disgust, but then suddenly the whole word around him turned fuzzy and the only thing he could concentrate on was the face which seemed to float in front of his eyes. It was the face of Arandor, but it seemed to be totally transparent and ghostlike. A voice came from the vision, and although to Salphur it was extremely loud, no one else was able to hear it.

"You have not failed. Yet. I have managed to stop the old one learning much from you. Your deepest secrets are still safe as is your association with us. There shall come a time for escape, but it is not now. The old one comes now and a new test needs to be withstood. Hold yourself in this vision, it shall help you get through it."

Arandor's face shifted somewhat further away and introding voices could be heard. At first Salphur thought they came from those around him, but then he realised they were from inside his own head. Mystic words were chanted in elvish as the mage tried to break the protection Arandor had woven. As the voice faded away, Salphur's eyes opened. Apart from the two guards and the young man, an old elf was now next to him. He looked extremely tired and was barely able to speak.

"The evil which is in him is too strong. I am not able to defeat it. We shall have to lock him up in the cage until our leader brings judgment on him."

Salphur was picked up by the two guards and carried some distance where he was put into a cage. Looking up he could see the cage attached to a tree high up above him. The cage was locked and Salphur got pulled up to a height of twenty meters. A voice shouted up to him.

"Periodically food shall be lowered to you from the bough of the tree. You shall remain up there until your fate is decided."
Old 11-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #65
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Bober was left standing with the beauty of the place he was in.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #66
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Keal feels a hairy foot among his hands and looking up sees that he has grabbed the foot of a horse.

Turin notices an elf jumping at his horse and the horse starts getting agitated.

Adohorn looks up when he hears horses hooves, thinking it strange they should be passing at this hour. "Are you friend or foe? he bellowed, grasping at his dagger.
Turin realized that he had surprised these strangers a bit harshly.

"Fear not! We have not come to harm you. My name is Turin and I currently heed from no land, but am merely a passerby. My companions and I request permission to rest our horses and speak for a while with you."

[ 11-18-2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #67
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Therlion's head rose suddenly, he turned to the woods in a particular direction, trying to see if there was something there. A familiar voice he thought he had heard got him to get up and move towards the woods. As he moved a bush, he saw a man on a horse. Therlion's face showed a smile "Turin? Turin! My friend, it is good to see..." and then the smile widened upon seeing Terias and Kirun. "Comrades, how fare you?"
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #68
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

"Therlion! I am glad to see that you made it out of that place alive! Where is everyone else? Do you know if everyone made it out?"
Old 11-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #69
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:

For Hurlon:

Hurlon's waking was much more abrupt than that of Bober. The same elderly elf stood over him, as the one who had seen Bober just a few minutes ago.

"I have read much of your heart in your sleep too. You have committed evil deeds, yet I see good in your heart. I am willing to let you go with one condition: never travel with Salphur again, and don't follow the evil path again. Do you accept these conditions?"
Hurlon, shocked by the abruptness of these events, hurridly agrees to these conditions.
He then askes the elderly elf what he is to do now.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:32 AM   #70
dplax
Jack Burton

For Hurlon and Bober:

"I am glad you have agreed to these conditions. Salphur was much less cooperative. You are now to team up with Bober and join Bober's companions in the fight against the orcish host sent by the stronghold. That shall help you redeem your soul."

He then took Hurlon to where Bober was and told Bober what Hurlon had agreed to. He then handed an amulet each to Hurlon and Bober.

"These amulets have the power to take you to a location of your choice once a week. However they have been specifically enchanted this time so that they can only take you to the town where your friends can be found, then they shall come back to us. Good luck on your further journeys and may you never again wonder the dark path."

OOC: I did not take you two to the town since you might have some more questions.
Closed Thread