Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #41
Keal

Keal lets go of the horse, and tries to calm it down. Keal sees someone in the dark, "Who are you, and of who's Kingom are you?"
Old 11-02-2004, 07:32 AM   #42
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

With a slight bow, not deep enough to show true respect, Roland adressed the orc "My greetings to your strength, Glurg. I believe you have been sent here as a mistake, my father has personally taken a troupe of men to take the heads to the stronghold. He left three days ago, he should be there by now. It appears your journey has been in vain. You are welcome to restock from the military reserves before you begin your way back to the stronghold." He made no mistake to leave the true intent of the last sentence, he wanted the orcs to leave and do it fast.

[ 11-02-2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 11-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #43
dplax
Jack Burton

For Roland:

"You right maybe, but me master tells me, me need proof. Me send me fastest runner to stronghold. When he come back we talk again. We allowed make camp outside city walls?"

[ 11-02-2004, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #44
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"Yes, you may. There is a clearing just east of the town, set camp there." Roland turned to the captain and whispered "How many orcs are there?""We have counted fourty of them, including the ones in here."
Roland turned back to Glurg "I would appreciate it if you and your men did not enter the town in groups. I mean this as no offence, but orcs can prove to be a distress to the population."
"Good, we make camp there. I send my runner." and the orcs turned and left. Roland turned to the captain and Robyn and asked "How many men do we have in the guard?" "Near four hundred men. What is it you intend to do? You hold no rule here, you can not order the men."
"If we do the chain of command right, I won't need to address the troops. I need you to recommend who of Easthome's followers in high command points to replace with more trusting men. I want these orcs under guard, and counted often to ensure all are accounted for. We should have atleast three days of time to prepare whatever we would before the runners come back. If we need to, I would have the runners met far off town and killed to buy us some more time. A battle with the orcs is a possibility, and we have to be ready for it.

[ 11-02-2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #45
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: info for Celedor also contained in this post

Feldorn

After Roland and Robyn left Feldorn walked a few minutes around the town and then decided to check up on the orcs outside the gate. He climbed to an observation platform in the wooden walls of the town and watched them from a distance. Some people looked at him strangely for him being an elf, but then seemed to accept him being there since they had heard about their Lord taking on new allies.

Looking down at the orcs he scanned for any sign of Celedor. It took him five minutes to find him. He was well hidden from the orcs and Feldorn could only see him because of being at a different angle from him and because he was an elf. In order to attract his attention Feldorn started imitating the sounds of a forest bird well known to Celedor.

[ 11-02-2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:26 PM   #46
dplax
Jack Burton

Harmeth

Harmeth was woken from her sleep by one of the guard captains trusted men and given the news that her father was dead. Her initial feelings were of grief, but then a sense of urgency took over. The town now needed tending to. The soldier told her that Roland was right now even negotiating with some orcs. She hurried to the town hall and was just in time to see the orcs leave.

"Foul creatures" - she whispered.

Roland, Robyn and the guard captain then walked out of the gates into the open.

"What is happening?" - she asked from all three of them.

===============================

Robyn

Robyn had remained silent throughout the talks with the orcs, but after they were over she turned to Roland:

"You handled that pretty well. However I think we should be careful with that orcish leader. I feel that he is much smarter than what he shows off."

Robyn then continued out of the gates of the town hall and there was met by Harmeth.

=======================================

The orcs

"Klirk, Zird and Zarnag shall be the ones we shall send as runners to the stronghold. I do not trust these humans fully to only send one runner. Klirk and Zird take the direct route, while Zarnag goes back to speak with the other group." - Glurg gave out his orders in orcish to his group outside the town gate.

Then after his three subordinates left Glurg led his troupe off to the eastern side of town where they set up camp.

OOC: Celedor can remain hidden from them during all this time and still observe them.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:06 PM   #47
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"Thank you Robyn." Roland smiled at Robyn, and let out a long breath of relief. "Yes, I feel the same way about the orc." As they left the hall, Roland met Harmeth, and her question "Fourty orcs are outside the city gates, and they want to know why am I and my companions still alive. I told them that our heads are sent to the stronghold, and sent the orcs to make camp off the eastern wall. I posed as Kalam for the negotiations, and Robyn took your place." Roland looked at Harmeth's eyes, and said "Harmeth, your father is dead. I must say that I helped in the deed. I offer my condolences." Roland expected anything from a burst of tears to a slap.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #48
dplax
Jack Burton

Harmeth

A vision of sadness passed over her face yet the tears were not coming.

"I already knew of his death. Yet the time for mourning has not yet come. Other things need taking care of first. My authority shall most likely be needed in the absence of my brother. But before any of that tell me what has happened to Turin? It was reported to me that he isn't in the city."
Old 11-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #49
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"Turin left yesterday with a troupe of men to see if Therlion and Kalam were alright. We have recieved news that they have been in a fight, and we were both about to go, but then this all started happening here. I am sorry, but that is all I know about your brother or Turin." as Roland finished, the captain started "I still believe it would be a good idea to kill the runners before they have a chance to reach the stronghold and bring reinforcements. I will send some of my best after them." He said it in a way to remind Rolandthat he has no rule here, and to keep him in check. Roland needed the remark, as he was already getting ahead of himself. The captain turned to Harmeth and asked "Should I issue extra men at the walls and the gates?"
Old 11-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #50
dplax
Jack Burton

"No I do not think that would be necessary. We do not want the orcs suspicous about us. Send out men to follow the runners then! By the way when have we last heard about our scouts sent out to the south?"

[ 11-05-2004, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Closed Thread