Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #171
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Roland

Roland came up to Harmeth, and looked around the fort and the sorrounding terrain to get a feel of the area. "Offcourse, I will help in any way I can." He waved for a man who obviously had a rank to come over, and started making suggestions for both him and Harmeth "Fifty archers on those two opposing cliffs would do well against a force in an approach this thin. Have them unhinge some boulders, to have them ready to be thrown at the enemy if they come in numbers." He looked into Harmeth's eyes, seeking approval of his recommendation, then continued to surmise the area. He remembered the path he took to get here, with a single rocky cliff at one side all the way. "I would post a look-out with a warning horn on a cliff three hours from here." Again, he turned to look around, sending a glance at Robyn and her hurt leg. Without a word of advice for the time being, he big his excuse to inspect the rest of the fort.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #172
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

A doom tried to seep into the man's heart, and he pondered over the words of unknown meaning from the woman's heated outrage when she thought that Kalam was going back on the word to release her. Had she cursed him as she had promised? Would it really work, not that she was dead and not around to enforce it? He did not know how curses worked, but from seeing Kalam recover, he had become at least a believer.

He could do nothing for Therlion as he lay there, being healed or maybe not. He realized that he needed to confront the young lord about his father's passing.

He steadied himself and then turned to Kalam.

"I do not know if I am wrong for presenting this to you now, for I cannot judge your readiness to hear it. You only just recovered from a deadly vexation and are probably still too weak to have anything else handed to you. However, I must confess that it was I that laid your father in his grave. My dword brought him down, for he would have seen you and I both murdered. What I am saying is...I have taken your father's life that you may begin a new one as leader of your people."

Turin could think of nothing more appropriate to do than to kneel down in front of this man and humble himself before him.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #173
Keal

from when we reach the house:
Keal gets in the bushes and waits, until he sees that Therloin has passed out out of nowhere, "Its the poison," Keal thinks, when he sees Kalam wake up, release the spell, and hear about his father's death. "So now all we have to do is return Kalam to the palace safely, right?"
Old 01-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #174
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I wasn't expecting you back before the game ended Keal. The game ends in less than a week now (that is if Ross posts) and I haven't planned anything for your character. I'll try to think of something he has to do in the finale.

For Adohorn:

You sense that Therlion is somewhat less in his coma, yet he still needs your help to come out of it.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #175
dplax
Jack Burton

For Turin and Keal (Adohorn does not see any of this as he is too busy helping Therlion for the moment):

Kalam looked on silently at the kneeling Turin. Tears started to flow down his cheeks slowly. His voice was weak as he spoke.

"You did what you saw fit to be done. The people shall surely be relieved by the news. Yet..."

His voice faded away and grief became visible in his eyes. Kalam fell to his knees and a pained shout came from his trembling mouth.

"Father! I loved you so much!"

Kalam fell face forward to the ground and his body was shaken by sobs.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:39 AM   #176
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I'll control Skye's characters for the moment. I have no idea how she would have roleplayed them, so their actions shall not be too spectacular.

For Roland:

The fort is in between two rock faces, which form a V. The fort seals off most of the way, but there is an about ten foot hole in the outer wall where age and weather had damaged it. The intact parts of the outer wall are twelve feet high The outer wall is one hundred feet before the inner wall, which rises to a height of fifteen meters and a large gate leads into it and into the tower. The outer wall has no gate in it, but the ruins of a gate can be seen in a place where the wall has evidently been rebuilt. The hole in the outer wall is now used to enter it. The tower is four storeys high. At its base it is forty meters wide and at the top thirty-two. The lower level contains the armory and the soldiers mess hall. The second and third levels contain accomodations for three hundred soldiers, yet only two hundred and fifty are in the tower or on the walls at this time. The top level contains the officers accomodations as well as a room for the lord and his family.

Harmeth gives Roland, Robyn and Hurlon and the two silent ones (Skye's characters) accomodations in the officers rooms and herself after ordering a sentry with a horn to go out along the road withdraws to the room reserved for the Lord.

Deoradhain deposits his stuff in his room and then goes after the sentry to help him.

Layna after resting for about an hour remembers that Robyn is injured and goes to see her. Using her special healing abilities she fixes the wound so that Robyn is able to walk. Her leg will still be much weaker, but she is now able to walk.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:11 AM   #177
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Janni

"One lone rider. That has to be him, and i suspect he's expecting me, why else would he be stood alone? Come, let's finesh this!" Janni starts to sprint off.

[ 01-16-2005, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 01-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #178
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Adohorn

After waiting several minutes Adohorn knew that he hadn't managed to pull Therlion out of his coma, but he had stirred him somewhat. Channeling all his thoughts Therlion's way, Adohorn prepared for another attempt, putting his barriers back up - his only guard against his life's thoughts, he plunged back into that lifeless dangerzone in which any souls in time could be visited. He willed himself straight through the maze of empty thoughts, lost lives, and personal opinions and rattled against his new friends soul. Clinging to
it as if his life depended on such a thing he pulled it, sending loud thoughts to Therlion such as "Awake" and "Open your eyes, before you lose yourself in this deadly place." Putting one last final burst of his rapidly evaporating strength into one big pull, he shouted, COME BACK!!

With that Adohorn slumped over, hitting the ground aparently dead to the world. He had used his most precious strength on this one, never before had he dug so deep in himself for such a powerful shout. It would take him some hours to recover most likely, but it was apparent to the others that he wasn't dead, but very very weak.

If this didn't work, there was nothing else the great old elf could do.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #179
Keal

Keal watches as Kalam begins to cry, not knowing what to say.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #180
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

He kneels there, feeling terrible, yet knowing at the same time he did what had to be done for the benefit of all. Kalam's father had been an important strategic ally of Morgoth, and that alliance had to be shattered.

Just then, Turin heard something fall, and turned to see Adohorn collapse to the ground. Therlion was unchanged in his condition.

Turin hurried over to Adohorn and checked him, ensuring he was alright. He supposed that the poor elf had worked hard for Therlion's sake, and had exausted himself. He stood up and looked down at his two friends, then over at Kalam who was still down, mourning his father.

The evil of Morgoth held so much power over so many people's lives...sometimes not even directly.

He did not know what else to do for anyone. He looked over at Keal who was at least on his feet, for no calamnity had befallen everyone just yet. He wondered if anyone one would make it forward from here. Afterall, so much work was yet to be done. Now that the human settlement had been secured, it was now the job of this team to get Kalam back to his city and finalize everything there...and then start out toward Morgoth's lair again...this time wiht the knowledge that they had to assist in its breaching. His elves had done a magnificient job at locating secrets of that place, and now it was time to get back to work. Yet he could do nothing with half his team on the ground.

It would get dark soon, so Turin set out to locate some firewood and sent Keal into the old woman's house to clean it up a little. With her now gone, he figured that there would be no problem camping out in her house this night. When the firewood was gathered, he and Keal carried the bodies of the two elves into the house and found soft bedding for each of them.

OOC>>>I don't even know who else is with me anymore. Keal is back, so I referenced him. Is that all there were?
Closed Thread