Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #161
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

Turin ran over to Kalam and helped him get to his feet.

He shouted back at the old woman as he did so.

"Is this it? Is that all you had to do? I cannot believe this!"

He looked at Kalam and smiled.

"But lo! You have been recovered, young lord! This woman has removed from you a curse that had tainted your family for a long time. I have promised her that upon so doing, you would help her...for it seems that an ancestor of your's laid a vile curse upon this old mother that she may suffer for eternity in the flesh, never knowing the release of passing on. As I have promised her, will you now make things right and help out this woman who has been most generous to you? Then we can return to your city and take care of urgent business there."

Turin looked about at his comrades who had helped him get this far, saving the young Kalam's life. That is when he noticed Therlion on the ground.

"...Th...Therlion?...?"

OOC>>>I will allow some others to catch up to the moment.

[ 01-11-2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #162
dplax
Jack Burton

Kalam Easthome

Still weak and barely out of unconsciousness Kalam could barely keep up with Turin's words. As he tried to get the meaning of them sorted out in his head he did not even hear or see Turin noticing Therlion on the ground. As he finally understood the meaning of Turin's words he fixed his eyes on the woman.

"So you are the one, because of whom our family has suffered for generations. Yet..."

But he was cut short by the woman.

"I knew I couldn't trust the young human! I knew you wouldn't do it!" - she then turned to Turin and spoke a few words in a language unknown to everyone.

"As I was saying, you lifted your curse. For this I release you from the curse my ancestor laid upon you. May you rest..." - he had no chance to finish the phrase as with a terrible shreak the woman doubled over and started shaking. Less than ten seconds later she was dead, the curse which had held her alive gone.

"...in peace."

Kalam turned to Turin.

"My father is dead." - he pronounced simply.

"Were he still alive I would not have been able to withdraw the curse from this woman. Do you know how he died?"

Kalam still seemed not to notice Therlion's condition.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #163
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

He had no idea what the old woman was babbling about just before she died after the curse had been lifted from her. At least she was gone now.

He felt a flush in his face when he heard Kalam ask the question. Yet, he was more concerned now with Therlion.

"We need to speak Kalam, but...but first I must see to Therlion."

He ran over to Therlion's body...

"He was poisoned as you were, and I fear that he may be in bad shape for it now."

He scooped up Therlion's head in his hand and raised it a little.

"Therlion? Are you able to speak? How bad is it? What can we do?"

He looked to the others...

"What can we do?"
Old 01-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #164
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

ooc>>sorry about my absence, life just took over. Re the knocking on the door thing, I would have been the one with the arrow nothced, if I had posted. Also, just assume that Adohorn has been tagging along and I will try and express some of his feelings.

Adohorn

Adohorn smiled as the old lady released the curse and Kalam awoke. He was glad this trek had been worthwhile, even though it only represented a fragment of his life, he knew it was important to others. She seemed interesting, and he may have had a talk with her about past times, but alas, she died too. The others seemed quite relieved of this though.

Turning, the ever observant Adohorn saw Therlion fall, saw him sweat, saw him grunt. He had seen something similar before, in a time long forgotten; a time when he was young, and the burdens of the world beared no weight upon him. Walking swiftly over, he bent down, kneeled before Therlion, blocking out the others' cries he motioned a hand Turin's way, asking for silence. He then put a hand on Therlion's chest and, closing his eyes, began to chant softly in his mother tongue - a soft soothing chant - while gently seeking out Therlion in his mind, trying to establish a link with the elf and guide him back to conciousness...

Through the swirling mist, the blackness, the emptiness, with only the lifeless darts of souls fleeing here and there, he searched. It was a dangerous place, forboding to the unsuspecting, and most deadly to all but the experienced among earth - a dabbler's nightmare. Adohorn saw a shimmer of light in the blackness, a tiny glimmer of hope. He pulled towards it, trying to grasp it, gently yet firmly.

Catching it he scooped it up, and sent a brief message into Therlions head, a thought, which he would sublimanally hear, not knowing from where it came, yet not recognizing it enough to challenge it. Return, you must return. You are needed. Do not linger, for you shall loose yourself within, a wasted soul...a wasted life. COME BACK. This last thought was stronger, and with that Therlion pulled himself out of the empty hole, for it was a dangerous place.

He looked up, althewhile keeping his hand on Therlion, waiting for him to recover, waiting for him to open his eyes.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #165
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

Turin waited impatiently, hoping Adohorn could pull Therlion free from this illness. He remained silent and prayerful that the elf could make it back.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #166
dplax
Jack Burton

For Turin:

As he stood there impatiently he could not help, but think about the woman's words directed at him. He could not comprehend their meaning, but he did not feel good about them. He had a feeling that the words contained great danger, but that he was not the one in danger. A feeling of unease slowly crept over Turin.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #167
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Janni

"An army of that size, and i'm supposed to kill one sole being? I'll need a good line of sight, a tower, maybe, or a window onlooking a street, when they next reach a town. Or, if they camp in a forest, a near by tree could do it. Come, let us move on, this journey is nearing it's end."
Old 01-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #168
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I'll try to roleplay Salphur quite evilly, to fit in character.

Salphur

The elf looked at Glurg with contempt in his eyes. This pathetic orc had messed up all his plans. Instead of easily slaughtering everyone in the city now he had to go after them. His master had made it clear that he wanted all of the inhabitants of the city dead and especially the adventurers. Salphur had been practicing his newly gained powers all during the dozens of miles his army had come and now he used them. Fear penetrated Glurg's heart although no visible source of it was available. Salphur was still looking at him with the same intense stare.

"You failed your mission orc. Suffer!"

Salphur's eyes suddenly turned red and Glurg collapsed to the ground in fear and then his heart just simply stopped. Himself amazed by the power he had just demonstrated Salphur looked around at the other orcs.

"Call the army! We march now!"
Old 01-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #169
dplax
Jack Burton

For Janni:

As you continue on down the hillside you see half a dozen orcs come from around the town and intersect the army's path. A minute later the army turns north and goes around the ruins of the town heading towards a forest, barely visible in the distance.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:26 PM   #170
dplax
Jack Burton

From the Silmarillion:

"But at the last the might of Valinor came out of the West, and the challenge of the trumpets of Eönwë filled the sky...and all the North was aflamed with war....The Balrogs were destroyed, save some few that fled and hid themselves in caverns inaccessible at the roots of the earth; and the uncounted legions of the orcs perished like straw in a great fire, or were swept like shrivelled leaves before a burning wind...Then, seeing that his hosts were overthrown and his power dispersed, Morgoth quailed, and he did not dare come forth himself. But he loosed upn his foes the last desperate assault he had prepared, and out of the pits of Angband there issued the winged dragons...But Eärendil came...and there was a battle in the air...The pits of Morgoth were broken and unroofed and the might of the Valar descended into the deeps of the Earth...There Morgoth stood at last at bay...Then he was bound with the chain Angainor...And the two Silmarils were taken from his crown."

How this affects the game:

For Salphur:

You fall to your knees as inside your head you feel the death-shriek of your master, the balrog who had commanded the stronghold. He had been summoned by Morgoth and had died defending him. As soon as the assault of Angband started your army as if obeying a greater command stopped reacting to your will and they fled at all speeds. Most of them returned to help against the Valar, but some just fled for their lives. With the death of the one who gave you your power, most of your power is gone and it shall take time for it to come back.

For Janni:

You watch amazed as the army ahead of you disperses and after less than an hour only a solitary figure on horseback can be seen about three miles away.

For Roland and Hurlon:

You notice nothing of what is happening.

For Turin, Adohorn and Therlion:

You also do not notice anything of what has happened.
Closed Thread