Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #151
dplax
Jack Burton

For Turin and Therlion:

"He knows how he can help me. Tell him that if he helps me I shall help him."
Old 01-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #152
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

"Woman...Kalam is not even conscious, and is in no way able to treat your fancies. I am sure that once you have done whatever it is that you can do to help him recover from the poison that courses through his veins...he'll be indebted to you for your hospitality and we will say nothing of this little fiasco you are putting us through.

Will you help him or let him die? He does not have enough time for you to negotiate."

Turin was burning with a building fury for this hag. She obviously enjoyed knowing that the young Easthome was suffering and near to death. Why had they been sent here to seek help?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #153
dplax
Jack Burton

For Turin:

"Let me tell you something, young one. Several hundred years ago one of the Easthomes cursed me with eternal life in this frail old form. In return I cursed the family so all of them have violent deaths. I can lift my curse, but shall only do so if you promise me that you shall make the young Easthome lift his curse in return once he is healed, which should happen right after I lift my curse. If he does not lift the curse I shall curse you personally."
Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #154
dplax
Jack Burton

For Salphur:

One of the orcs leads you to Glurg on the other side of the town. He explains to you that they had taken the town in an attack while losing three quarters of his three-hundred strong force. Most of the humans had been slaughtered, but some of them escaped through a tunnel. First only the old, children, women and injured but in the end about a dozen fighters also did. When Glurg's men penetrated into the tunnel it caved in and they weren't able to find where it led. However in the last few hours while the town was burning they found the exit a mile north of the town. They had not searched further, because a messenger arrived from the commander of the keep that they were to wait for Salphur.

He then led Salphur to the area and showed him that several dozen footprints were leading off towards the North East.

OOC: you have gone about half an hour ahead of your army.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #155
dplax
Jack Burton

For Janni:

The elf does not reply to your remark and you go on for a few more hours. Then you spot smoke rising in the distance, and as you continue on reaching the top of a small uprising you spot a town, the ruins of which are smoking. And you also see an army off in the distance, about five hundred meters away from the town, all grouped together. It looks as if there are several hundred, if not one thousand orcs, trolls and other foul creatures there.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #156
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

"And as I have implied, he will be happy to do whatever he can to help you if it means setting right what his father or ancestors did wrong. He will not need to be goaded...but you have my word that he will do as you request or the fault will be mine.

Now in the name of all that is good in this world, will you please help this man recover and not die?
"
Old 01-10-2005, 07:23 AM   #157
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I'm waiting for a reply to a pm, but until then here is for Therlion.

For Therlion and the others:

Therlion, the elf had tried resisting the poison as long as possible, but he could not fight the inevitable. Due to the energy he had to use to get up the mountain and the energy he used to do as if he was not poisoned his defenses had become weakened and slowly the poison had started winning. Firstly it had only shown by a small ache in his stomach which started five minutes ago, but it had steadily grown and suddenly the pain became unbearable. A whispered sound escaped Therlion's lips and then he collapsed to the ground. Nightmares assaulted him as his body began to shake and sweat hit his forehead.

OOC: pm Bozos.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #158
dplax
Jack Burton

Prelude to events soon to come: (text from Silmarillion)

"Yet it is said that Morgoth looked not for the assault from the West; for so great was his pride become that he deemed that none would ever again come with open war against him. Moreover he thought he had for ever estranged the Noldor from the Lords of the West, and that content in their blissfull realm the Valar would heed no more his kingdom in the world without; for to him that is pitiless the deeds of pity are ever strange and beyond reckoning. But the host of the Valar prepared for battle; ..."
Old 01-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #159
dplax
Jack Burton

For Turin:

The woman sent a suspicious look at Turin, but then she heaved a heavy sigh.

"I hereby withdraw my curse dating from 297 years ago and let the Easthomes attain peaceful deaths."

She then looked deep into Turin's eyes with a burning stare.

"Now I hope that you keep your end of the bargain. I am fed up with this life."

Behind Turin Kalam suddenly stirred and then he sat bolt upright, his eyes wide open.

"What? Where am I? What happened?"

He clearly had no idea of where he was.

OOC: Turin hasn't noticed Therlion collapsing yet.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #160
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Therlion

In the darkness, he heard Harmeth's voice from somewhere. From there. He turned to see, but the voice was again coming from another place. He got up from the ground, tried to look in the total darkness. He heard Harmeth calling him again, and a tear of light suddenly dispelled the darkness, like a knife through a tent fabric. Through the crack, he could hear musical tunes, tunes from instruments he never heard before, but which sounded so familiar, so enchanting that he liked the melody as if it was his mother's children's rhyme. Therlion neared the crack, and put his arm through it. The world spun in a multitude of colors, and after a moment Therlion found himself looking at himself sitting in a chair, overlooking a waterfall. A child ran up to him, and then another, beckoning to play with him. Why didn't he go play? A feeling of weakness took over Therlion, and a moment later he was somewhere else. Some kind of gathering. Out of the people, Therlion caught site of Turin. Running to Turin, he shouted "Turin! Turin, it's!.. me..". It wasn't Turin. It was, but... maybe it was his son, or an heir. It seemed the whole gathering is focused around him. Therlion was glad to see Turin's decendant be so liked, so important. He watched a man walk up to Turin's heir with a pillow. Something was on that pillow. Something that seeped darkness. A ring. Turin's decendant took the ring and put it on his finger. He looked up at Therlion, a look a dead man cast on his killer. Therlion started running towards the ring, to take it off, but he wasn't fast enough. He was somewhere else again. He recognised the place, the town of young Kalam, and Harmeth. It was wrecked, burning. Walking in panic through the sacked streets, Therlion panickingly called for Harmeth, she must be alive. After the short vision, he was away again. On the same cliff over the same waterfall as before, someone was sitting in the same chair. Therlion moved closer to see Keal in the chair. Keal rose, took a step, and turned to move the chair. The stone beneath him crackled, and broke, letting Keal fall into the waterfall rocks underneath. Screaming did not help, no sounds left Therlion's mouth. He was somewhere else again. He was on a valley, near a house. He looked inside, and saw himself again, with a female form beside him. It was Harmeth, the beloved Harmeth. Therlion was filled with joy to know she lived through the destruction of her home. He willed himself inside, to look more closely. He could see himself as before, looking the same.. looking somehow sick. Years have past since the first sight on the cliff, the cliff that proved the death of his companion Keal. Yet he was still the same, still weak. The same weakness took over Therlion again as he was watching himself. Someone entered through the door. The unmistakable blend of human and elven blood, as well as likeness to both Harmeth and Therlion made him a decendant, a son or a grandson. The feeling of nausea worsened. Therlion, the one sitting inside the home, looked at the man, sadness in his eyes. A blink later, he was in the darkness again, with no light this time, but hearing the musical tones again. He drifted back to sleep after an etirnity of thought.