Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #91
dplax
Jack Burton

For Hurlon:

The guard Hurlon spoke to stops only for a few moments:

"Sorry, but I do not have time to talk to you. The city needs every man it can get. If you want to help, go see Lady Easthome. She is organizing the defense at the city gates. The gates are that way." - he said pointing roughly at the street leading southwards.

OOC: Edited for not closing tags...

[ 12-08-2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 12-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

When Adohorn rushed off, Turin inquired to Therlion as to what he had meant that he was not in good enough shape to be running about. "What did he mean by that? Are you injured?"

Later, the new recruit came back and reported what had happened.

"What am I to do? I do not want to lose my friends, nor can I leave Kalam now that I have located him. I am torn between two important objectives. May the Valar guide me! What am I to do?"

[ 12-08-2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-09-2004, 08:48 AM   #93
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Hurlon pushes the door to the house open, to find Bober standing timidly upon one leg.
He then informs Bober that they should, for honour's (and their own) sake, help defend the city. Finally assisting Bober, upon their way in the rough direction the guard had pointed.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #94
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: Xen, are you still looking at this game?

For Hurlon and Bober:

They made their way through the streets of the city. Around them chaos could be seen everywhere. People with makeshift armour and weapons were running around. It looked as if all of the city's inhabitants were preparing for a battle. After walking for ten minutes the city gates were spotted and Hurlon and Bober made their way towards them.

Several people were standing in a small group there. Among them were even elves. As Hurlon and Bober made their presence known, a female human turned towards them.

"I am Lady Easthome. I am in command of the city, until my brother gets back. Now if you shall excuse me I shall finish talking to Deoradhàin and Layna before talking to you. In the meantime you can ask questions of Roland here, who I am sure would be happy to help you." - she said pointing at a human aged about 18.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #95
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Roland thought he heard his name spoken, so he turned to see who speaks of him. And there stood Bober, the dwarf Roland met three weeks ago, as they were emabrking on this adventure. Apparently, he is back from the stronghold now. Roland is overjoyed to meet the comrade "Bober! When did you arrive, tell me!" He then notices the other man Bober's with. "Hail, I am Roland."
Old 12-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #96
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Adohorn

Adohorn listened to what Turin had to say; he couldn't offer too much help since this decision would probably be something for Turin to make, afterall he was the bystander in all of this. But still, Adohorn felt a certain loyalty to the missing ones, and he thought it best they should at least try and find them.

"Turin, I think it may be best if we rest here overnight. Therlion is still wounded and needs time to recover, as is keal. I think we should let them rest, and you should rest to as you have an important decision to bear. I shall keep watch if you wish, and I will follow you on your course if I see fit."

Adohorn supposed he would find out what Therlion and Keal proposed to do since they were his oldest companions out of the bunch.

"I would also be quite happy to care for Kalam, if you wanted to follow on and trace the others."

[ 12-09-2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]
Old 12-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #97
dplax
Jack Burton

For Salphur:

Night fell and a strange silence settled on the elvish settlement. Yet slowly a feeling of unease approached. Suddenly with only the slightest warning all hell was unleashed. Arrows flew all over the place and orcs swarmed in. The elves tried mounting a resistance, but when the trolls started arriving they were quickly subdued. Only a small group of elves remained standing around their leader, the old man, who had earlier interrogated Salphur. All this Salphur could see from up high, from his cage.

A shape appeared next to Salphur, but before he could identify it his cage door had been opened and the shape flew up and lowered his cage. At ground level a tall human-looking figure was waiting for him. Just then an explosion could be heard from where the remaining elves were making their last stand. Looking over Salphur could see the last of the elves using the amulet to teleport away after having discharged a massive spell against several trolls who now lay dead. It was the old elf. His voice carried over the whole din of the battle.

"Our vengeance shall reach you one day, Salphur"

And then he was gone. The human-figure next to Salphur spoke in a quiet voice.

"My master, Arandor has given me instructions as to where to take you. Are you ready to go?"
Old 12-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #98
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Salphur
"Have I any choice?"
Salphur reluctantly followed, he was happy to finally leave the cage, but was sumwhat suspicious of this stranger.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:59 AM   #99
dplax
Jack Burton

For Salphur:

As the stranger led the way his voice drifted back to Salphur.

"Do not be suspicious of me. I am but the bringer of a message."

Slowly through the trees a clearing was spotted. In the clearing Salphur could see Arandor, who was surrounded by several shade like creatures.

The figure who had led Salphur walked up to Arandor and Arandor put a hand on his shoulder.

"So you let the old one get away? For this you have failed me! You are not worthy to live."

Arandor muttered a few words in the black tongue and in a flash of darkness the man was dead at his feet. Arandor turned to several of the wraiths and ordered them to find the old man. After they left he turned to Salphur.

"These woods are hostile to us, so we can not stay for long. The battle may have been won, but the elves are sure to send reinforcements. Come now we have to leave this forest."

Two horses were brought for them and they turned their horses towards the stronghold. Behind them followed the running orcs and trolls, under whose footsteps the ground shook.

When they had travelled for two hours in the plains and had left their host behind themselves Arandor stopped his horse and indicated Salphur do the same.

"Our enemies acted faster than I had thought. Your friend has betrayed you and now serves those who oppose us. You are the one who has remained true to my master. For this he has decided to reward you."

Arandor brought his horse somewhat closer to Salphur's and touched Salphur. Salphur started feeling intense pain in every part of his body. The pain lasted several minutes, but then finally receded. As Salphur looked about himself he saw with surprise that his skin had taken on a much paler colour.

"Your powers have been boosted and you can now directly communicate with my master using only your thoughts."

A voice suddenly echoed in Salphur's head. A powerful voice, filled with evil.

"I am the commander of the stronghold. Arandor has outlived his usefullness. Kill him!"

The voice sent a feeling through Salphur that disobeying would be worse than doing what the voice said.

OOC: About the power boost Salphur just got. Consider him as someone with the powers of one of the Nazgùl from LotR.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:51 AM   #100
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Salphur
Knowing what he had to do, Salphur started preparing for what he knew would not be an easy fight.

He had no weapons, and no experiance with his new powers, but he feared failure more than defeat, so he had to destroy Arandor.

Salphur noticed a sword hanging from Arandors horse, and knew that it would help.
He waited until Arandor was not looking and quickly pressed the sword edge into the horses side.

[ 12-12-2004, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Closed Thread