Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: This roleplay would take place in the first age of the Tolkien created world with a theme that a group of elves, humans and dwarves who had been fighting together against the troops of Morgoth (the evil of those times) have become seperated and want to accomplish the task they had been doing before they had been ambushed. Which was a scouting mission on Morgoth forces and especially the humans who had gone over to join him.

I am open minded enough about what that might be. It wouldn't be a dice throwing roleplay just freeform. So if you are interested then go to the other thread to sign up for it.

I shall be starting it when enough people get together.

Edit: at the start of the rp you would all be scattered because of an orc attack which had cost half the troop their lives. First you would have to find any survivors and then continue your mission.

[ 03-03-2004, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 03-10-2004, 04:13 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

It had been about three months since you had all set out to scout and if possible destroy human encampments who had joined Morgoth. Only three days ago you had stopped to resupply in a friendly elven encampent. There were forty of you at the beginning but now because of the orc attack there were much less. None of you knew exactly how much. You were all scattered after the orc ambush. It must have been some black magic with which your scouts had not noticed them during the night. Lots of orc, human, dwarven and elven bodies covered the ground on the battlefield.

Hrolf, Bober and Kirun (OOC: sorry but I do not have that accent on my keyboard) being all three dwarves had fought together. During the skirmish they had drifted eastward from their initial positions but they did not exactly know where they were. Bober and Kirun had only received bruises and minor cuts, but Hrolf had a rather deep looking wound on his left forearm. "Is any of you perchance a healer? If not I'll just have to hope that one of the elven healers survived"-he asked.

Therlion and Terias the two elven mages had several burnt orc corspes next to them. Thanks to their magic powers they had not received wounds. They were about 300 meters from the campsite and they could still see a few figures standing there.

Turin, Feldorn and Roland are at the initial camp site. Roland during the battle has received a bad knock on the head so at the moment he is unconscious. Feldorn the ranger had fired many arrows during the battle and was just collectin new ones for himself and he was just commenting on what a great fighter Turin was, who was trying to revive the young Roland when they heard a dry cough from the direction of one of the bodies. Earlier on their check they had though that their leader had died, but it now seemed that he was still alive.

Feldorn ran over to him with Turin close behind "Hold on Elfalas we shall try to get you to a healer." -said Feldorn. "It is too late for that. I am going to die, young one. I am one of those who has already seen the shores of Valinor. My spirit is going to rest there. It is my wish that that young human Turin lead the group on. He has much good qualities and it would be better if when you get near you destination a human be in the lead. And I also see much more power in him than even he knows about." Feldorn looked extremely surprised at this since he had never before heard about anything like this happening. But he had great respect for the old elf, so he just said "I'll make the others accept. Farewell old fighter." He closed the eyes of the now dead warrior, whispered a prayer for his soul's safe passage to Valinor and turned to Turin. "I think it is best if I go and look for the others." As he was an elven ranger even Turin had to accept that he was a much better scout than him and did not object. With that Feldorn picked up his bow which had been standing next to a tree and strode off east, the way he had seen the dwarves go.

[ 03-11-2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 03-10-2004, 07:35 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

OOC: This my first time RPing.

"I Bah... where was the fighting? Y`all need some more holes in ya torso." Bober said. He paused for a while and rest. He tunred to his two fellow Dwarves and asked them on thier situation. "How are ya? he said. Then he nodded something about Hrolf`s deep cut and used Magic to heal him. Hrolf was left standing while his deep wound was just regenerating back so quickly. He thanked to Bober.

[ 03-10-2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 03-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

Turin watched the elf run off to gather to him any survivors of the ambush. He looked down at his blood-stained blade. It had not helped save the lives of those lost on the field. Indeed, it only saved one life. Why was Turin the one that had to suffer the fate of watching so many of his friends and companions enter into eternal rest while he remained on this festering earth?

He walked back to Roland and continued to try and revive him.

"Come on Littlestone. There is no time to be asleep on the job. You are too young to be so sleepy! Pull through this for me. Roland?"

[ 03-11-2004, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Therlion pulls his shortsword to him with his magic and looks at the orc bodies around them lightly, then looks a bit farther away. Seeing the elven, dwarven and human bodies scattered across the battlefield he mutters "This did not go well."
He points at the several figures he sees standing a bit off in the distance and says "Come, let's go see who they are. We can check for anyone else that is alive along the way."
Old 03-10-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
Cienden
Manshoon

Kirūn bent down to retrieve a small throwing axe, cleaned it quickly, and stuck it back in his belt. Straightening, he scowls at Bober. "What sorta question is 'how are ya?'?" He breaks into a grin. "Jest fine my good friend! Good job patchin up the lass. Before this day is out ye may save a few more lives, so keep yer fancy hammer close. I'll be watchin yer back." He turns to scan the area for any enemies or allies in sight. Shouldering his massive double-bladed axe, Kirūn turns back to face the other two, he says, "I s'pose we should try'n find some of our allies. Adding to Hrolf, "Ye ready for a wee bit more fun today with yer axes, lassy?"

OOC: Don't forget that Hrolf is female, people. Read the sign up thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Cienden ]
Old 03-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: since I created her I'm not forgetting. Also I found the accent I had been looking for: ū

Hrolf and Feldorn

"Thank you very much indeed Bober. I'll be fine Kirūn thank you." He was just about to say something else when Feldorn stepped out from among the trees. "So that's where you had been hiding" the elf said with a small grin. As the dwarves started to protest about their worth in the battle he quickly silenced them with a wave of his hands. "The others are in a clearing about 250 meters west of here. Go there. I shall continue to look for survivors." He then quickly told them about Elfalas's death and that he had given command over to Turin. He then adjusted the bow on his back and ran off back into the forest. So after the elf it is now a human who is leading us. I don't know too much about him. Mayhaps he shall make a good leader. -said Hrolf. She picked up her axe and started walking in the direction Feldorn had said the others were. Then looking back at the other two,still thinking about what the elf had said, she shouted over her shoulder: "Well, aren't you two coming?"

[ 03-11-2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 03-10-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
The Fallen One
Elminster

Looking at the piles of dead bodies all around, Terias puts his staff firmly on the ground and heaves a sigh. He had wanted advanture after leaving his town, but not this kind. However, he was happy, for all this effort had been done for the cause of good and righteousness.(In his thoughts)

He then hears a fellow mage in the battle, one called Therlion, waving to Terias and calling to see who the standing people are. Terias says "" I can not say that this didnt go too well, but let us now depart. Let us also make haste and check the standing survivors to see if they are friend or foe."

[ 03-10-2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: The Fallen One ]
Old 03-10-2004, 11:42 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

Light Bulb

OOC: This is also my first time RPing so you're not alone Xen.

Roland Littlestones eyes slowly opened. He felt pain on his head. He saw Turin looking over him. I thank you for watching over me The young man went up to his feet and looked upon the battlefield where the bloody massacre that had taken place, where bodies of humans,elves,dwarves and orc lay in pools of each others blood. Roland continued to stare at the sight. And picked up his weapon on the ground. And thought "I didn't even get to kill an orc before I got smacked with the vile creatures weapon hilt!" Roland knew he was lucky to be alive. He turned to face Turin. Again I thank you. I am truly in your debt and I promise I shall not rest until I have returned the favor! Are there any living besides the two of us?

[ 03-10-2004, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]
Old 03-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turķn

"Yes, Feldorn is still with us. He has gone to search out the other survivors now. Everyone that survived will be meeting us here, so we just have to wait and see who shows up."

Turin looked again over the battlefield to those many heroes that would never again be seen by their loved ones. It brought back the pains of his own loss, and renewed his hatred for Morgoth and his dark plans. Why any human would join him in order to see to the destruction of thier own kind was beyond comprehension to this farmer.

[ 03-11-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Closed Thread