Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 01:54 PM   #1
LaGinia

Do the monsters in this area respawn forever? No matter how many Wailing Virgins, Barrow Wights and Drowned Dead I "kill", it seems just as many reappear when I return after resting my party. I am now near but not at the two tombs, and I'm wondering if I'll ever get to either!
Old 05-19-2001, 02:43 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

i never had luck resting on this level; too often monsters will appear. This is where a Bard is essential; he can heal the party through song while they get ready to clear the next section of the board. You MIGHT avoid battle byt pausing first before you choose to rest; but that doesn;t always guarantee a safe night's rest either.
it's tough; those virgins will hurt you bad too. Chromatic orbs have marginal suggess against them. I'd suggest all stunning weapons be used against them as soon as they appear on the screen.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 06:37 PM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

You will get there but it is a serious battle. I think that I rested in the tower with the mage. There is a potion that removes fatigue and the effects of it. I am not sure if you can memorize spells after using it though.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 05-19-2001).]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:01 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Yes, you can rest in the mage's tower.

To take out the virgins try ranged weapons. Piercing weapons seem to be pretty effective, but you need to be quick.

I have managed to rest a few times, on that map, but I haven't really tried to clear it out entirely.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 07:48 PM   #5
Gaelic
Elminster

The key to wiping out those screaming women is arrows and as many as you can zing as fast as possible! Chromatic orb helps as well, but I think arrows combined with a cautious unveiling of the fog of war is the key.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 04:49 PM   #6
Axterix
Manshoon

Yup, they keep respawning. No resting, unless you do it part by part. There are many ways into the place... so clear out an area and loot it, then head up and rest... and enter through a different way.

Or, after you've fought the area enough and proved you can clear, just turn the game to easy for a tad and rip through the annoying things
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 07:08 PM   #7
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

As I recall the Wailing virgins do respawn and fast. The drowned dead do as well but at a lower rate. I just kept pumping arrows into the wailing virgins and still got spanked alot.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 04:15 AM   #8
Sir_Tainly

Personally I thought the barrows were the toughest part of the game, it took us a while to finish it and at the end we were a bit stressed to say the least. IMHO the game gets easier from this point on.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 05-23-2001).]