Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 02:15 PM   #1
maidavale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I won the big fight in the vale of shadows, but I can't get through the final door. I've noticed there's a lock hidden behind one of the pillars - I can't do anything with it - I presume I need to get through the door.

How do I get through the door? I've definitely explored ALL the local area and there's no key.

Is this a bug?

Have I missed something?
maidavale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 03:46 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you found the lever on the pillar, then you must have missed a key. The first time I went through, I missed one of the keys from outside that tomb. Make sure you have explored all of the other tombs, accessible from the main outdoor map.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In an earlier posting, I had this conversation with someone with a similar problem:
Quote:

I think I'm going crazy. I finished IWD a long time ago. I erased my game sometime. I just bought HOW. I started all over. I can't seem to open any of the doors on the second level of the tombs in the Vale of shadows. What am I doing wrong?? How can I open them so I can throw the switch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me give a shot at this. Kresselack's Tomb? Do you have the Mausoleum key from the northwest tomb on level one? There is also a lever to pull on one of the pillars. (needs whitewolf runestone to unlock it) That opens the entrance to another place...
I am almost positive that the Mausoleum key is what you are missing.
After reviewing the "cheat book" for the game, it says that the Mausoleum key is the key that opens all doors in this level...
I hope this is what you are needing. If not, please inform us, and we will continue trying.!

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-15-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 06:02 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There is actually one passage that is VERY easy to miss in Kresselak's Tomb. Make sure you have gone into the passages off the short passage leading to the place where the pools are!
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 03:14 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes and there is ONE key that is very easy to miss, at least for me! Check every room thoroughly, floors, containers and walls!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote