Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 06:25 AM   #1
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Is it me, or do the characters you place in the "passenger seat" of the party line-up always appear to get a drubbing? I've got two fighters of equal characteristics, yet it is the guy in the number two position that always gets smacked around the head. Despite the fact that the AC's ar -1 and -6 respectively.
It seems to be the same with hit point allocation due to level increase. The second character is now only (sic) ten hit points behind the first. That poor guy gets a right beating every time we even look at somebody the wrong way!

I know that it's not a new thing, but I've got the ache at the moment with this malicious type of discrimination and I thought that I might share.

With you.

The discerning player.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:59 AM   #2
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

I know what you mean. I am playing IWD/HOW/TOTL multiplayer with a friend and when we generated the characters I took the left slots and he took the right. When we started the game we rearranged the portrait order so the fighters were at the front etc.

However every time we entered a new area the party order reverted to the order that the characters were created in. My druid always ended up in the front rank with the Paladin while the fighter/cleric was at the back. Many slaughtered nature lovers later we finally worked out that we had to export all the characters and import them back in the correct order.

Wish that had been made clear in the manual!!

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Sir Moosington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 11:10 AM   #3
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Oh by the way thanks for the acknowledgement about static shock in the AAARGH I BROKE IT... string. I think I only got one reply on that one so I wasn't sure how useful it would be to other players.

Cheers.

------------------
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony
Sir Moosington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:25 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

My pleasure Sir Moosington. It took me a while - Lower Dorn's with the salamanders I think - before it became readily apparent. I'm afraid I was still young a naive myself and began the party with some of the character types that I'd played in AD&D. Thus, I was duly whipped!

Your comments on 'Druid's Shock' is one of the main reasons why I'm a card-carrying member of that class these days. That's why the forum's so good: you never see the whole picture yourself, and another person's opinion can be invaluable. So, thank you sir.

Besides, you'd have to acknowledge another "Pythonite" wouldn't you!

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote