Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2003, 09:22 AM   #21
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

hmmm...pizza...yum yum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like pizza from Pizza Hut. especially the Haiwaian Chicken Delight. If you put some more cheese on top it will really make you mouth watery.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:38 AM   #22
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
hmmm...pizza...yum yum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like pizza from Pizza Hut. especially the Haiwaian Chicken Delight. If you put some more cheese on top it will really make you mouth watery.

And that's a good thing?!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:33 PM   #23
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
I am very fond of pizza! And I have a little question of why does pizza in the states taste a LOT more good then the ones outside the states. It has a really special taste! I have once been in the states when I tried its pizza, and I just can't resist of thinking the taste of it even know. Do they use some kind of special spice on the pizza? Or is there any Cook here that can explain how to make a yummy delicious pizza?
thats a good point, which ive noticed aswell. the pizzas in my country are good, but the pizzas in the states are something out of this world! [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] makes me drool just thinking about it...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 10-06-2003, 02:56 PM   #24
B_part
Quintesson

Reading this thread I noticed many of you mention "Italian pizza" opposed to other kinds of pizza. But I wonder, really, what do you mean? In what ways is it different from american pizza? In other words, what does "italian pizza" mean to you? I am kinda curious.

Pizza means bread dough baked with tomato sauce (tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, onion, salt), and mozzarella. On this base you can add pretty much whatever you want.
Toppings: For the most traditional recipe, "Margherita", you simply add a bit of origan, and maybe small "cherry" tomatoes. There are 100s of other recipes, and those vary greatly from place to place and restaurant to restaurant. Some of them don't use mozzarella or tomatoes, but that's an exception.
Size: pizza comes in two ways: thin and thick. The kind you see outside italy is usually the thin variant, but many restaurants, especially in the north of Italy, bake thicker pizzas, (about 2 cm) with the same general recipe. The taste is only slightly different, just more bread-oriented.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:32 PM   #25
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I have had the best pizzas in my life in France. It was delicious...flat crust...cheese and salami...urgh...makes me hungry thinking about it. Plus a touch of Olive Oil...sooo nice. Mind you I have had lovely food in Florida. Tuna Sandwiches and the ribs were the best! As well as the pasta and sauces...though they were better in Sicily.

[ 10-06-2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 10-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #26
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I worked in a pizza place for 2 years and there are a lot of things that can affect the flavor. the cooking temperature. the ingrediants, cheese isn't just cheese, different type of cheese blends and brands that make it can affect it, and the same with toppings. fresh mushrooms vs those coming from a can etc. the dough is a big factor in flavor and believe it or not even the size of the pizza. we'de make two pizza with teh same ingrdiants and out smaller 8 cut would always taste better than the 12 cut, no one could explain why. maybe something with how it cooked or something. so asking why pizza tastes different is like asking why snowflakes are different. but you got me hungry now so I am going to go order one
Old 10-07-2003, 07:10 PM   #27
Sakuri23
Dungeon Master

I've never had pizza outside of the US before, so I really can't compare.. But, most of my favorite places that I go to, are small, around the corner pizza places. The chain restaurants don't compare to those! (Except for maybe Burtucci's) I always like the smaller places, because they take more time and care to make the pizza's! Mmmmmm, pizza..
Old 10-08-2003, 10:23 AM   #28
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

its not just the ingrediants in the pizza that make the pizza

some of the yeast is in the air, and it makes the pizza taste differently wherever you go.
So the exact same recipee in california will taste different in new york

Also, i believe a true italian tomato sauce for a pizza will have oregano in it and not basil since basil is for spagetti sauce. or atleast thats what i recall from foodtv maybe i misrecall it.

Almost any franchise pizzaria will be lesser quality compared to a family owned/operated restaurant.

It is also true that temperature matters - cuz depending on the oven type it would make you have to put the ingrediants on in a different order or not or itll burn instead of making a nice bubbly top.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:35 AM   #29
Azaghal
The Magister

Italian pizza rules!
Germany's been flooded by pizzerias that only bear the name, but are actually run by Turkish, Persian or other orientals. Their pizza sucks. About half a year ago I rediscovered an original Italian pizza restaurant near my home - and my pizza consumption has increased dramatically since then. I love it with tonno e funghi (I know, only English on this forum: tuna and mushrooms).
Arrividerci!