Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

There's been a trend with Disney over the past few years to "put away" different movie classics for a certain number of years. Snow White won't be sold again for 7 years, so get yours now! I can appreciate the marketing genius in that , but now Universal is trying their hand at it, and pushing the envelope even further.

I just saw an advertisement for the "E.T." DVD saying get it now before it's gone forever. They're saying it won't be sold anymore after a certain date. Now that's too much. At least Disney does "put away" there movies, and then bring them back when promised, but Universal is absolutely lying by saying "E.T." will soon be gone forever.

My guess is they're referring to a certain packaging version of "E.T.", but still, seems like bad taste to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Well just remember, when the next big format change comes they will re-release almost everything [img]smile.gif[/img]

As far as ET is concerned, good riddence! lol. when it came out I worked at a drive-in and we had this movie for nearly two months. I was so sick of it that I threatened the projectionist that I was going to switch the third and fourth reels, so ET would be dead at the end [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[edit for clarity]

[ 12-24-2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 12-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #3
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

Ya, Ronn, it borders on criminal to deny us the right to buy these movies whenever we want! Movie pressure sales...what's next?

Slater...
Old 12-24-2002, 02:58 PM   #4
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Don't worry. They will release ET again with the NEW alternate middle. When the govt finds out about ET they will redirect our space program to get the "young feller" home. ET will meet up with his folks somewhere around the moon as he space walks from the shuttle to the "family car". It's all in keeping with Spielbergs view that there is no tension in the world and we have a kinder, gentler government.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Don't worry. They will release ET again with the NEW alternate middle. When the govt finds out about ET they will redirect our space program to get the "young feller" home. ET will meet up with his folks somewhere around the moon as he space walks from the shuttle to the "family car". It's all in keeping with Spielbergs view that there is no tension in the world and we have a kinder, gentler government.
lmao, i could see that happpening, that part is on the new directors collectors edition, with scenes that were previously cut out, like the one where elliot contracts a deadly virus from outer space.