Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 12:07 AM   #1
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I debated with myself on posting this or not (you can see which side won ). If you are not a Christian I am asking you please not to post on this thread, it is not intended for flaming, but rather for encouragement.
Lately several of you, my brothers and sisters, have had your feelings hurt please remember the following.
1) Our Lord and Savior was cruified and suffered pshyical pain and verbal abuse for the sake of all. He also said that some of us would suffer the same type of things even unto death for His name's sake. I can't ease any pain you are feeling only offer some encouragement and strength.
2) We are to be differant, called out from the world. It is ok if we are seen as strange, in fact count it as joy if you are considered differant it means you are doing something right.
3) Be ready to answer for the hope that is within us, answer any questions and leave it be. While it is God's wish and hope, and should be ours also, that all are saved. Even the Father lets it be, He provided the Water of Life but doesn't make any of us drink It.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
what a magnificent post John D. I applaud you on this. And ,of crouse, agree with every word.

Verse 2 is my favorit

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 01:32 AM   #3
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Thank you John, this is exactly the kind of post a lot of the Christians on the forum need to hear I think. For myself, I tend to recognize when an argument wil only become circular and leave them alone. I'm proud of the people who try to respond though because they are spreading the good news even is they will suffer for it.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-22-2001, 02:03 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

exllernt
Old 10-22-2001, 03:28 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
I debated with myself on posting this or not (you can see which side won ). If you are not a Christian I am asking you please not to post on this thread, it is not intended for flaming, but rather for encouragement.
Lately several of you, my brothers and sisters, have had your feelings hurt please remember the following.

1) Our Lord and Savior was cruified and suffered pshyical pain and verbal abuse for the sake of all. He also said that some of us would suffer the same type of things even unto death for His name's sake. I can't ease any pain you are feeling only offer some encouragement and strength.

2) We are to be differant, called out from the world. It is ok if we are seen as strange, in fact count it as joy if you are considered differant it means you are doing something right.

3) Be ready to answer for the hope that is within us, answer any questions and leave it be. While it is God's wish and hope, and should be ours also, that all are saved. Even the Father lets it be, He provided the Water of Life but doesn't make any of us drink It.

------------------
Old 10-22-2001, 07:34 AM   #6
Conan

In the distance you hear hoof beats close to the edge of the woods... all of a sudden a huge stallion appears to your right. You see there is no rider but the horse looks so familiar... as you are glancing to the right a tap on your shoulder from the left surprises you. Hey guys its me...how did you like that old trick of mine Send horse in from the right and come up on your left...HEhe..Remember my freinds there are those who are with you but just behind the scenes a little more. Not all is as it would seem. Scratching your heads..Conan throws himself on his steed and is gone as quick as he came.

------------------
*\Conan/* of the Peace Keeping Force

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 10-22-2001).]

Old 10-22-2001, 09:24 AM   #7
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Very good John!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-22-2001, 09:06 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Bumping for anyone that might need it
Old 10-23-2001, 12:34 AM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

nice one John, a true testament to our faith!
Old 10-23-2001, 01:03 AM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
What happen to Lilara? If she was still around I think she wouldve posted somthing on here by now

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!