Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 03:31 PM   #21
MagiK

Umm just as a point of technicality Igneous doesn't belong in that groups...Igneous is one of the forms of material as in formed from heat, An example being pumice and obsidian, then there is sedementary which is formed from sediment, example would be sandstone I think, next you have metamorphic which is a "changed" form I think Granite or Marble is an example. There is another form too but I can't remember.......

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 08-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 08-31-2001).]

Old 08-31-2001, 03:31 PM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Right, "The Rocks Show The Way", this means that rock/stone will provide the clue, "Granite, Limestone, Igneous, Marble and Sandstone" this provides the clue, now, we could either take the Capitalized letters and use them as a clue, or maybe, the order of the rocks mean something, do these 5 words have anything in common? Do these types of rock have any? Possibly, these clues we have been supplied with so far will make absolutely no sense until we get the next clue, maybe Donut has merely changed his sig to misdirect us, so that we will miss the true clue which is located in another sig, or maybe this clue is MADE to make no sense, to confuse us, perhaps it's a bit of nonsense made to confuse us when we later try to piece all the clues together.
Let us assume that Donut's sig is the one, he was acting rather obvious in some other threads. Ummm...
Granite = Metamorphic Rock
Limestone = Sedimentary Rock
Igneous = Igneous Rock (duh)
Marble = Metamorphic Rock (formed from limestone)
Sandstone = Sedimentary Rock
I think
Does that help anyone? It sure doesn't help me

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 03:33 PM   #23
MagiK

You said it better than I did Kaz

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 08-31-2001, 03:42 PM   #24
Kaz

There's a connection between marble and limestone (marble is a product of limestone). Can't remember what granite is the product of. In any case, Igneous does NOT belong in there.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:10 PM   #25
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
If you take the first letter from each, you get GLIMS (Okay...?). Also, Igneous isn't a specific kind of rock like the others are, and none of the other rocks are igneous. Anybody have an idea?

You can rearrance those 5 letters into about 10,000 differnt combinations of words (well mostly gibberish)

I cannot come up with any words that use those 5 letters

Maybe it refers to the famous rapper Slim G

Or maybe the 'rocks' aren't the clue, but whose sig they appeared in, in this case Donut! Come on Donut, fess up, what do you know? There's cider in it for ya if you talk

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Proud member of the Lecherous Hillbillies...oh no wait the Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-31-2001, 04:13 PM   #26
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
You can rearrance those 5 letters into about 10,000 differnt combinations of words (well mostly gibberish)

I cannot come up with any words that use those 5 letters

Maybe it refers to the famous rapper Slim G

Or maybe the 'rocks' aren't the clue, but whose sig they appeared in, in this case Donut! Come on Donut, fess up, what do you know? There's cider in it for ya if you talk
Good point... Z said "look for the modified sig for the clue", he didnt say that the modification to the sig was important in any other way... Own up, Donut!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:15 PM   #27
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Tie him down and torture him till he confesses!!

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #28
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
There's a connection between marble and limestone (marble is a product of limestone). Can't remember what granite is the product of. In any case, Igneous does NOT belong in there.

Actually, granite is an Igneous rock. It's one of the two forms that Igneous rock can be found.

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 08-31-2001, 04:23 PM   #29
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I wish I could contribute something here, but unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about rocks.

But anyhow, you guys rock on! (sorry I couldn't resist)

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:27 PM   #30
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Actually, granite is an Igneous rock. It's one of the two forms that Igneous rock can be found.
Really? I only know Basalt and Obsidian... *check in the dictionary* ... yes, it seems it's igneous although I'm not so sure about the translation.
So we have:
Granite - Igneous
Igneous - duh
Sandstone - Sedimentary
Limestone - Sedimentary
Marble - Metamorphic; from Limestone

???????

------------------

I am the great Kazara