Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 10:02 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

From Cloudbringer's Chronicles as told to and edited by her Sister LadyWendyZekke

When the Black Knight walked into the glowing etheral doorway, his companions followed, and to their dismay Cloudbringer began chatting with the mage at the table in the dimly lit corner.

"Great, there goes CloudWindBag again, we'll have some hairbrained quest before you know it!", whined Memnoch the Jester to his nearest compadre, RudeDawg, the elven Archer. RudeDawg snorted and made a lewd comment which Melusine the Fluffy Queen overheard. "RudeDawg! That was rude!" cried Melusine, the most lovely and ambrosia-voiced bard of the Realms. "Hehe, that was nothin, Melusine! You oughtta see me at my parties, dancin with myself in my salsa party hat!" he leered in the Fluffy Queen's direction. Memnoch adjusted his sash and muttered about huge wastes of time, while eyeing the barmaids.

Meanwhile, in the corner of the room, Cloudbringer was gesticulating and speaking in higher and higher decibels. The Black Knight put an arm around her shoulders and said "Ok, Calm down, hon, we won't let this heinous crime go unpunished! We'll get it back, on my honor as a Paladin and True Knight of the Order!". He slapped his great sword on the table for empahsis. The mage, the Great and Mysterious All Powerful Ziroc, nodded and went back to his work with the bottles and jars on his table, mumbling about hackers who kill Diablos.

The Arch Lich Wah, plucking stray pillow feathers from his person, asked his pal Jerome, the Fallen Paladin, "So why exactly did we come here?" Jerome, busy gluing feathers back onto the unsuspecting lich, shook his head and sighed, "Knowing Cloudy and her rotten Storm Queen ways, it's gotta be some barbecue that involves roasting me!"

As the Black Knight and Cloudbringer returned to their waiting companions a hush fell on the group. The Black Knight spoke, "My tried and true companions in arms and many and adventure, we have a quest! A quest of great importance!"

"Oh wonderful! I just love new quests and meeting people!" chimed Fljotsdale, in her warm and caring voice. "I'll help Cloudy keep notes for her chronicle. A bard really ought to have a good note taker!" The bard in question, nodded and smiled grimly. "Listen everyone! That last great Tornado I sent out on the lands swooped up CHOC the mighty SUPER FELINE and tore his magical collar off! It blew off onto the iceberg near Icewind Dale and was stolen by a vicious pack of Ice trolls who saw the shinypurrtywonderful star tags on it that say ‘CHOC, MIGHTY OWNER OF ZIROC'. As you all know, the Ice Trolls hoard purrtyshinywonderful stars! " Cloudy wrung her hands in despair and turned to Sazerac the Wise. " Oh please Saz! Say you can divine where they've taken it! Say we can get it back!"

"Why do we need this collar so badly? Why not just go to the local leather shop and get the cat another?" asked Lord Shield as he sucked back his third FairyFizzAle. "Peasant! Bow to me, your Overlord!" shouted the bluewolfboy next to him. "Everyone knows that the Great and Mysterious All Powerful Ziroc ensorcelled that collar to cast "obedience" on mutant rabbit-eared mouse swarms that when controlled, have telepathic probe powers and are quite the force to be reckoned with!", said the Overlord Azurewolf smugly.

Notes from Cloudbringer's Chronicles: Our quest was to recover the collar or die trying. So begins the tale of The Quest for Magical Choc's Ironworks Leather Collar of Obedience

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 10:07 PM   #2
BladeMaster

Nice beginning of the story Cloudy. Waah Waah You never mentioned me CloudyDove.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-12-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Nice beginning of the story Cloudy. Waah Waah You never mentioned me CloudyDove.
Hang on Blademaster.this is a joint effort! LadyZekke is working on next installment as I type this! And we hope that others join in to just put their own actions in for future. Like you would type how YOU ate a bug while watching Melusine walk her hamster or something..then the next person types in his/her part like LoA could say he found a broadsword and whacked a troll, or something.......like a PnP story almost...

The posts get smaller and easier to read then! LOL

There are two adventuring parties out looking for the missing collar!

CloudAngel

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 06-12-2001, 10:57 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ladyzekke strides into the gathering, with a troup of 10 behind her. "What's this? You blew Choc's RabittMouse of Obedience + 5 collar off sis? Ack!!! You are going to need a lot of backup for this particular quest. See you have Black Knight on the front lines, good choice. Nice Party you have gathered for this particular mission.

Sister Cloud, I will assist you with the force I have behind me. Let me introduce my comrads if I may?

This is Slackerboy - He is a Mage/Conjurer Extraordinaire, very high intelligence, can control many creatures at the slightest wave of his fingers.

This is Blademaster - He is a Druid Leader, and has powers untold of immense proportions. He also has a familiar, a lovely winged lady, who seems very fragile upon first glance, but deadly in reality, as she has attained Godhood.

This is Lord of Alcohol - Err., He is a Fighter, immensely strong, can wield a hammer +6, has a great threshold for pain, so has a high constitution...

This is Sir Tainly - He is the leader of the Hats Calvery. He rides a horse with no name, and wields the deadly sword of Anhiliation.

This is Moni - She is a Class Act Cleric. She helps everyone. Hollar, and she will come running to your aide.

This is Calib - Err, the Bisquit king, he is a Bard/Blade in my party, but being a "blade", he sometimes absently ends up cutting himself into small shaped pieces. Tis OK though, cause then he gets "regeneration" abilities...

This is Yorick - Another Bard, he is a Skald, his burning voice tantalizes and seduces other's mental attention, and hypnotizes them with his melodies..

This is Rikard - Evil Sorcerer - He, yes, scares the hell out of people, cause of that spear and red loin cloth, and of course his high pitch battle cry, but I'm tellin ya, he kicks some wicked butt. Blasts the enemies to bits he does.!

This is Ramon - actually there are three of them, triplites you see. He/they are my Barbarians. But he/they are not any ordinary barbarians, he/they have a high intelligence, he/they see what others cannot, very intuitive.

This is Lady Avalon - She is of course a beauty to behold, and has many charm spells available to her. It has been said that Irenicus himself once fell prey to her charms...

So, sister Cloudbringer, do you accept my help in this quest?

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 06-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 11:04 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Remember that Rikard comes with an apprentice!!!

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Old 06-12-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Remember that Rikard comes with an apprentice!!!

Alrighty then, didn't know that, Rikard is always the secretive one he is. Well, seems I have 12 comrads then What abilities do you have to offer Larry, except protecting Rikard? Gotta know, as you are on my team

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 11:11 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

"My ladySister Wendy, I accept your help with gratitude! It is an honor to meet the heroes and legends associated with you!" Cloudbringer smiles at the assembled parties and tells them to introduce themselves to each other and have an ale on her beloved Black Knight's tab.

Cloudbringer whispers aside to her sister as the varied group of adventurers starts to mingle and exchange greetings. "Uh, did you finally graduate to the "Magic for not-quite-Dummies" textbook, sis?" She casts a worried look over their party and knows they have a dreadfully low number of clerics if her sister is still on the lower edition.

Notes from Cloudbringer's Chronicles: At last the adventure begins! We start outfitting the party tomorrow, for tonight, we drink and laugh! Melusine and Yorick sing, I shall tell stories of warriors bold and ladies fair and all will prepare in heart and mind for the arduous and dangerous journey ahead......

------------------
Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 11:12 PM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

"Now where in the dough boy hell did I put that infernal cheese stick?" the overlord muttered to himself "Oh here it is!"
"Now where was I?" he mumbled with his mouth full of food "Yes thats right, the magic collar, hmmmm now what will I need for this little....adventure that I am undertaking with these peasants?"
The overlord starts rummaging through his nose of holding "A pig sticker...nope that wont do....A gnomish slipper....nope wont do either....AHA! I have it!"
The overlord draws out a gleaming pair of shining blue pantaloons with a beaming grin on his face.
"Now one more thing I need," he whispered "My secret weapon.....hmm...not thats not it.....surely thats not.....nope.....oh here we are."
And out pops....his ceremonial beating mace of overlordship. Now Ill show all the pesky party whos boss!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
"Now where in the dough boy hell did I put that infernal cheese stick?" the overlord muttered to himself "Oh here it is!"
"Now where was I?" he mumbled with his mouth full of food "Yes thats right, the magic collar, hmmmm now what will I need for this little....adventure that I am undertaking with these peasants?"
The overlord starts rummaging through his nose of holding "A pig sticker...nope that wont do....A gnomish slipper....nope wont do either....AHA! I have it!"
The overlord draws out a gleaming pair of shining blue pantaloons with a beaming grin on his face.
"Now one more thing I need," he whispered "My secret weapon.....hmm...not thats not it.....surely thats not.....nope.....oh here we are."
And out pops....his ceremonial beating mace of overlordship. Now Ill show all the pesky party whos boss!

Good! Then we are a united Front sis! Together, we will all solve the Mystery of the Missing Collar of Choc!

Err... You OK Azurewolf? I assure you that I won't let Doughboy go anywhere near any blue pantaloons, and I would suggest the same to you, not good "fightin-wear" if you know what I mean. Plus no chance of any camaflauge with that, might as well spin yer arms around and pretend to be a bright blue windmill, maybe that'll foolem!!

Remember, you cut up doughboy, you got that many more foes to fight, he multiplies and puffs up

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #10
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The biscuit king hits ladyzekke over the head with his scepter the bongalongadingdong of wonder +10 for calling him a boy bandish riverdancing bard. Im a monk the random effects heal her and give her breast implants.
------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 06-13-2001).]