Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 01:27 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I posted the bulk of this on another thread about the news media and coverage.. not really the best place..it is regarding the attack in Manhattan, Kami works for the city of New York and I'm SO relieved and so thankful my friend is ok, having just found out by email, I wanted to share a bit of what she said:

She was an eyewitness.. the friend I was so worried about all day.. her office is near bldg 7 that came down...

from her email to me:

"I was at work, a few blocks north. The floor shook, then we heard that a plane
hit a tower, and went down to see. I saw/heard/felt the explosions, and saw
bodies falling. I saw the first tower come down. At that point I was almost
home. I watched for a second, didn't want to see anymore. I want to forget
this.

Kami"

She tells of no water or power and the struggle to get her pets out of her apt... which she cannot go back to now. Her bag with money, credit cards, car and apt keys is locked in the office bldg.. part of a crime scene. She is temporarily homeless and we (her mailing list friends) are trying to help her out. This is a time when neighbor and friend help anyone who is in need. I'm proud to be an American and proud of how we are facing this nightmare.

Cloudbringer

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-12-2001, 01:35 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I'm SO very happy that your friend is alright. I had a friend a block away from it all who is also alright. Right now, I too am proud to be an American. This is a time when we all should band together and help however we may. I really feel for all of those that were hurt by this tragedy and also the rescue workers. This is a sad time for not only America but also the whole of the free world.

-Jafin

------------------

The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo
Old 09-12-2001, 01:35 AM   #3
G'kar

Thank god for this good news. We need all of that we can get! My prayers are with the survivors as well as the victims and their families. May we all find peace again one day.

Old 09-12-2001, 07:39 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks. We (some of her friends) are trying to figure out how to get money and food to her. Turns out she is able to be in her apt. but with no lock and no food and since all her id, credit and bank cards and even her car keys are in her bag at her office building (which is heavily damaged) she is in a bind.

I also found out early this morning she can't get in touch with her elderly father who is in the area of the WTC.

Still, she's alive, and that counts for a whole lot right now.

Cloudy, off to work, but classes are canceled at the Univ.

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."