Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2001, 03:36 PM   #21
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Yea!!! I was getting worried about you. Umm what is it that they say you will be doing? Networking seems to be a huge specialized field. I still think you should use the link I sent you and get a goverment job You would fit right in. Good going! Watch that coffee around your nice shirts

Conan!

Actually, I'm just going to be a PC Service Tecnician. They had said they are not looking for me to be a Network Professional....but I have access to all the training materials to be able to get every Certification out there for free. That would give me some security if I feel I want to go that way. They would like to keep me in this position, because it is hard to keep it filled, which is okay by me...I like stability.

I still have the link you sent me, I've been to the site, but I feel I'm not experienced enough for any of the jobs posted there. In the future, who knows? It was really great of you to take the time to let me know about the link. I thank you!
Old 11-08-2001, 03:40 PM   #22
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I got a call today and I have been offered a job. Don't know the details, but they are forwarding them via e-mail. Then I'll know if it's any good! Of course, I can't turn it down or I'll risk losing my Unemployment Benefits so I guess I'll be taking it anyway!

Thanx for all your luck! I appreciate it!

Congratulations! And celebrations!! The Cheetah does a special high tail dance to bring Skywalker lots of luck!

I so hope you enjoy the job, Sky, and your co-workers are nice.

Hip hip hurrah!!
Old 11-08-2001, 04:24 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Good going Skywalker! It sure sounds like a great job for you! Well, except for the tie thing [img]smile.gif[/img] I just had to lay a guy off today, which sucked.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:24 PM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Ask if they can give you a car allowance instead of a company car. This way you can let the company pay off your car for you and you get your mileage back at tax time.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-08-2001, 04:24 PM   #25
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yey, congrats skywalker, sorry about the tie though
Old 11-08-2001, 07:31 PM   #26
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

HUGS and SMOOCHIES!!!

I am sooooo happy for you!!!!
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.