Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 01:03 AM   #111
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The hawk flies over head, and sees the battle that is taking place. She knew it would come to this...

Larry recognized that voice, and he was quite embarrassed now, to let her know it was him. He was also a bit concerned for his own blood. She had never fought this furious in practice! She had been hiding a bit from him, it seems...
Larry thrust up, and did a backwards flip twice down the hall to distance himself from his assailant...He wondered if he should not just run...but she would be angry that the hawk did not attack. He did not want her blamed for anything...so Larry brings the blade up close to his face, and Nightblade begins to glow at will.

"See me Mistral...it is only I...
A foolish man out for a bit of adventure.
Halt your slaying of me for a moment
that I might gaze into your perfect eyes one last time..."

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 01:17 AM   #112
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

~ The clatter of two blades striking the ground echoes down the corridor. ~

~ "Larry?" ~ Her eyes widen in recognition of his face as Nightblade beams its gentle glow on it. They travel downward and she notices the scars on his shoulders ~ "Oh, Mystra! What have I done?!" ~

~ Rushing forward, she cups his left shoulder to examine the wound ~ "I...I'm so sorry... I didn't know..." ~ a tear drops precariously near the injury and she hurriedly dabs it away with a corner of her lilac cloak. She fumbles further for the potion of healing he had given her before the battle with Meldrin. ~
Old 10-21-2001, 01:36 AM   #113
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...sorry, I was reading some posts in the War threads...I doubt I will go back there again. Too many dummies...making stupid remarks...

"Please...I do not deserve your care...
I am but a foolish boy that has no life.
I am a waste of time to you.
I should go...
My childish ways are going to get somebody hurt one of these days..."

Larry pulls from Mistral's grasp, and begins to stumble down the corridor...mumbling to himself...
Old 10-21-2001, 01:44 AM   #114
mistral4543

(ooc: OIC... well, just let me know if you're too tired to continue; I'm fine either way.)

~ She sprints towards him, thanking Spree silently for returning her the boots of speed. Before long, she has overtaken him and thrusts her arms wide open in a desperate attempt to block his path. ~

~"You must really hate me... wanting to get out of my sight so soon..." ~ she gasps for air as her breath quickens ~ "I swear I wouldn't have done that if I'd known..." ~ Her shoulders heave agitatedly from the exertion of the sprint ~ "Please... let me heal you..." ~ Overcome by the intense onslaught of emotions, she drops on her knees and bows down, biting her lips furiously. ~ "Forgive me..." ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 01:52 AM   #115
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry gently raises Mistral up from her knees and hugs her. Looking back into her eyes, he says...

"My dear...you have some hidden talent that you had not told me about! I am very happy to know that you don't just rely on those spells...
Listen, I have just realized that I will never be what my father wanted.
I am a young, spirited, crazy man...that loves pranks and games more than the seriousness of life.
I ...do not have much going for me, do I?
I am afraid that I may bring trouble to you.
I do not deserve the attention nor concern of such a fine lady as yourself...You should just throw me out of this place...I am but a bumbling Ranger, remember"?

OOC>...Ok...Now, it is 2am, and I am falling over in my chair, sleepy. I was staying up long enough to keep the dryer running. I had 7 loads of laundry today! Now, I got the last one in, I am done...let's see if I can make it to bed, now...

Old 10-21-2001, 02:01 AM   #116
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

sorry...one more question before logging off...what should our next thread be entitled?
I have yet to decide on our theme for the moment...
Ideas???

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-21-2001, 02:02 AM   #117
mistral4543

~ "But...I've never said you were a bumbling ranger." ~ She protests ~ "And I like you for what you are, not what you're supposed to be..." ~ Sniffling, she tries to smile a little ~ "Besides, if there's anyone to throw you out, it should be Spree, shouldn't it?" ~

~ She gazes into his green eyes, hoping to detect some sign of a renewed spirit in him. ~

(ooc: I've no idea how to name the next thread.)

Old 10-21-2001, 02:09 AM   #118
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...I cannot escape! I am a slave to the PC!!!! Help!!!
ok...last one...for the night.

Larry looks away from those radiant eyes...which was quite a difficult task to do...

"I am glad you feel that way...Mistral...
I doubt myself too much, don't I?
I lack inner confidence...
Yet, you are always there to help me back up when I fall..."

Larry looks back into Mistral's eyes. There was a silence that seemed to last for an eternity. . .
Suddenly, the Hawk takes flight and swoops right past the couple, scaring them incredibly,...

Old 10-21-2001, 02:12 AM   #119
mistral4543

~ As Isabeau's feathers sweep past the back of her head, Mistral emits an involuntary cry of alarm. Instinctively, she jerks forward out of her familiar's path and towards Larry, hoping she can retain her sense of balance. ~

Old 10-21-2001, 07:24 AM   #120
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz wanders the hallways, going in the opposite direction Mistral had gone. She was deep in thought, hands twitching occasionaly. Finally, finding a small room that was filled with books, she sat down in a corner, still thinking. Her raven hopped onto her shoulder. Anybody who looked in the door would not be able to see the two hidden behind the shelves.

OOC: No idea about the name. "The One-Eyed Wolf" - what the heck happened to Spree's wolves anyway? "The Swords of Time" - haven't we got that sorted out? Hm... Also, with the number of people who want to join, I suggest that we give them a trial period and then decide whether we want to have them. And if anyone starts spamming up the thread or power-playing, out they go. An idea for a bit of fun with power-players - we ignore their overpowered posts and use them as target practice

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-21-2001).]