Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 09:05 PM   #1
Max Power
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know the fail conditions for Anomens test? My party was *mostly* honorable, but he still failed (which sucks, I like Anomen). I'm thinking it was because we killed Sarek (sp?) , but that's not what the guy from the Order said. He said it was because we didn't finish the Windspear Hills quest (rescue some kid, or something like that).

Also, now he's chaotic neutral and ocassionally attacks my party members, does he have any other "surprises"?
Old 06-25-2001, 10:09 PM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

I've only used Anomen once and he passed his knighthood test, but I've read in a walkthrough that....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
the ONLY condition necessary for him to pass is to seek out the non-violent solution to his sister's murder; e.g. to allow the law to take its course. This is probably correct since, AFAIK, there is no time limit to complete the Windspear Hills quest.

Old 06-25-2001, 10:18 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

First off, let me say, Welcome to the IronWorks Forums!! The quest in Windspear Hills is that I know of that deals with a "kid" is:
SPOILER>>
>>
>>
>>
>>When you first arrive there, you are attacked by a band of a: Gnoll, Ogre, Ogre Mage, baby Wyvern, and maybe another Ogre? They end up being Paladins. You are fraimed by Firkraag, and that guy (whatever his name is) takes you into his home. He leaves to prove your innocence, and some of Firkraags lackies come and steal his child. When he comes back, he ALMOST blames it on you, and then asks you to go rescue her from Firkraag. She is at the very end of the dungeon, just before you go down the stairs to Firkraag. She is in a little cell, as soon as you release her, she teleports back to her father. You DO NOT have to kill Firkraag (unless you're a Paladin yourself).
Old 06-25-2001, 11:09 PM   #4
Max Power
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
First off, let me say, Welcome to the IronWorks Forums!!

The kid Firkraag has is the one I'm looking for. I would have finished the quest but I got stuck on that room with all the vampires, right after the room with the archers. I had no chance against them when 5 of my 6 guys were all level drained within the first few seconds. Then, I was going to do some other easy quests to get some more XP (and crap load of restoration scrolls) back in Athkatla but the knight confronted Anomen too quick.

I did try the non violent solution to his sisters murder in a different game but didnt play long enough to see if he passed his test.

------------------
"Max Power doesn't abbreviate, each letter is as important as the one before it.. maybe even MORE important.. no, as important" -Homer Simpson
Old 06-29-2001, 01:46 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power:
Does anyone know the fail conditions for Anomens test? My party was *mostly* honorable, but he still failed (which sucks, I like Anomen). I'm thinking it was because we killed Sarek (sp?) , but that's not what the guy from the Order said. He said it was because we didn't finish the Windspear Hills quest (rescue some kid, or something like that).

Also, now he's chaotic neutral and ocassionally attacks my party members, does he have any other "surprises"?
SPOILERS!

Oh, and an 'Official Welcome to the Ironworks' to you as well!

I'm afraid you are not going to be happy about this... ...but Anomen will not stay with your party once he's failed that test. The test in question, was to get his knighthood. To do that, you must choose the Good and Lawful answers to all the things he asks you about and that means NOT killing Saerk. He is a great cleric and at higher levels, he has useful spells and is a good addition to the party!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-29-2001, 05:23 PM   #6
Max Power
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, Anomen and Keldorn got in a fight today. I was able to reload the game and avoid it a second time, but it looks like I need to drop Anomen . Who's a good replacement for him?

Right now I've got:
Me (fighter/mage/thief)
Keldorn
Aerie
Valygar
Jaheira
Anomen

And I have access to all the others except Imoen and possbily Haer Dalis (can't remember).

------------------
"Max Power doesn't abbreviate, each letter is as important as the one before it.. maybe even MORE important.. no, as important" -Homer Simpson
Old 06-29-2001, 05:37 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Not easy, I'm afraid - he picks fight with any members once he's failed to test.
Aerie is Cleric/Mage
Viconia is evil Cleric

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-29-2001, 06:18 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power:
Well, Anomen and Keldorn got in a fight today. I was able to reload the game and avoid it a second time, but it looks like I need to drop Anomen . Who's a good replacement for him?

Right now I've got:
Me (fighter/mage/thief)
Keldorn
Aerie
Valygar
Jaheira
Anomen

And I have access to all the others except Imoen and possbily Haer Dalis (can't remember).

Get Nalia if you want a better mage, or get Jan if you want a better thief. You have got tanks and clerics in your party already.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 06:21 PM   #9
bygones01
Dungeon Master

anomen sucks anyway... he's a cleric with a wisdom of 12, and a fighter with a dexterity of 10. don't worry about all his little problems and drop him....
Old 06-29-2001, 07:48 PM   #10
Jim
Quintesson

But once you've passed the knighthood his wisdom is increased to 16 and dexterity can be raised to 18 with the gauntlets of dexterity which leaves him pretty much faultless.............One of the better characters in the game, that can wear any armour, cast high level spells, and advance to grand master with the mace.