Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 09:17 AM   #1
Chuckar99
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello folks,
may be a few spoilers here...
so you've been warned already...
anyways...

I seem to have run across a serious problem in my game. At the end of Chapter 6, and I've been doing the Jaheira romance sidequest thingie. I've gotten to this point where we keep having this same stupid conversation about the dawn. I think it's up to about 6 times now. Someone said that Elminster is supposed to come up and tell me everything is ok, but I seem to be stuck in a damn loop somehow. I already downloaded one patch that was supposed to fix some bugs, is there another one I need to get or is there some special side quest I'm completely oblivious to to get Elminster's old butt out here. Any input on what to do would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #2
dulouz
Manshoon

i've had a similar problem with Jaheira, in ch. 3. She constantly keeps convesing about "Let's got moving.." or something. In rapid fire, so you end the conversation, and she starts it right back up *immediately*, with to time to do anything else. sometimes i manage to rest real quick, and she stops. one of these days i'm gonna punch her in the face
Old 06-22-2001, 04:13 PM   #3
Chuckar99
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well the problem is not that she keeps doing it right after the first time, it's just that everytime she talks to me, that's all she says.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I haven't downloaded any fixes because I've heard that some who have used these (Balderdash, etc.) have had to reinstall BGII before Throne of Bhaal will function properly.

I just hope that Elminster will still show up if I'm bringing Jahiera into ToB.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:49 PM   #5
Tancred
White Dragon

You're stuck in a dialog loop. Jahiera will continue to say the same thing, over and over, due to an error in her dialog files. I reccomend the Baldurdash JahieraHarperPlotFix, it worked for me - and you'll just have to live with the re-installation. When you get TOB, simply move your save directory to a different location, reinstall BG2 and voila! No problem.