Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 07:20 PM   #1
fung
Dungeon Master

Is the enchanted Wakazashi the off-hand samurai weapon u guys use for the end game?

Really, its only benefits are that it is a sword, it seems kinda weak to me (several daggers in the game can beat it in terms of damage).

Comments?
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #2
Greystone
The Magister

I don't know about endgame (haven't gotten there yet, heh), but I am using Bloodlust/Poisoned Dagger on my Samurai at the moment (both weapons cursed so it really doesn't matter, I just can't use ranged weapons). This seems to work pretty well, he tends to do more damage with the dagger than he was doing with his basic wakazashi, and his dagger skill is rising quickly just from use. Also, like you pointed out, he will probably have access to very nice daggers as the game progresses (I don't plan to use a rogue character, so really don't have anyone else who would use any daggers I come across).

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #3
fung
Dungeon Master

I mean the enchanted Wakazashi...not the ordinary one.

The enchated Wak. does comparable damage to the best daggers...but the fact that it is a sword gives it a slight edge I think. What do u guys think. The Enchanted Wak. also comes with 2% kill I believe.
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:51 PM   #4
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

It's what I have used, one less skill (dagger) to have to raise and early on especially it will be alot easier to hit things dual wielding if you have 2 swords. Even later the +25% sword bonus is sweet and has to be considered against any special properties daggers might offer. Any sword the Samurai touches is pretty much instantly magical in the sense that the skill is bumped by 25%, not too many other weapons can say that.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:06 AM   #5
Bomb
Dungeon Master

What would you say the +25% is in terms of + to hit? Maybe + to intiative? Damage perhaps? What are the actual benefits of higher skill, other than better chances of hitting, and an occasional extra swing (not that I don't love those extra swings, but is there more)?
Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:41 AM   #6
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

yeah. the enchanted wakashi is proly the best off hand weapon u can get for the samurai.

in wizardry 7 there was an ever better weapon called pandora's wand... but for some reason they decided not to include it in wizardry 8
Old 07-12-2002, 02:42 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I always use Fang and enchanted wakazashi for my samurai. I think it's the best weapon I've found for him.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 03:40 AM   #8
Oruboris

sad but true: the enchanted waz ain't much, but seems to be the only option unless you switch to a fighter...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:10 PM   #9
Kerneth
The Magister

That's vastly annoying. I don't wanna turn my Samurai into a fighter, but the enchanted wakizashi just doesn't seem to be *that* good a weapon.

Then again, I'm not that far along, so maybe *all* the offhand weapons are weak...

Too bad there's not an expansion or a mod out there that adds some decent offhand samurai swords.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:25 AM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

I used this Kick@$$ staff i got from the Rapax Treasury. I always got x2 n x3 hits, doing bout 60 damage with high percentages of uncosniousness or paralyze!!! Only prob is no lightning strikes but whatever.
SPOILER

Easily killed the Dark Savant with this staff...

[ 07-13-2002, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote