Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 05:33 AM   #1
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As much as I understanderstand from all of u talking is the character and the party from SoA continues in ToB with all their levels and xp? Is that right? I cought it from someone saying : 'how powerfull Aerie gets in ToB' or something like that...
Cause I'm a fighter and all I do is hear mage and kensai and whatnot...blah blah blah
So, am I doomed in Tob being just fighter or what? I've got Aerie from the moment I met her and Jan, being both half mages theres plenty off spare spells leaving all the time. Or is that not enough?
Old 01-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #2
Erydian
Manshoon

You are certainly not doomed. [img]smile.gif[/img] Your character does continue on from SOA to TOB, and yes - he/she will keep all of their experience when doing so.

There is no "best" character to play. If you are enjoying your character, there's really no reason that you have to consider another class, unless you're actually looking to be something different.

You *can* create a new character to play the expansion, but if you choose to do so, your new character will start with less experience, and less items than your old one would have.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:48 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually not necessarlily... my last game I rushed through as a Stalker and I got less than 2500000 XP... so it boosted all my chars to that lvl. and u get no little bag with goodies if u continue on :9
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:43 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

Cass,

You are so not doomed! Fighters really start to kick butt, in ways they were unable to, in ToB. Everyone gets more powerful, of course, but some classes have it better than others. Fighters have it pretty darn good!

Everyone's Favorite New NPC is in fact a pure-class fighter.

Are you playing a kit, or a straight fighter?

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 03:02 PM   #5
eb
Manshoon

I agree with my pal Glorfindel and most of all the posts. It is no char that is "best" it is how u do them that makes the difference.