Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 09:51 PM   #61
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Aye, I just said 10,000 because you had already helped them out with Xzar, and that the harpers only need the money to pay the expences for the trip there, whereas Bodhi and the Shadow Thieves also need to money to pay for expences of war between each other (or atleast thats the impression I got). But, you are right of course, 15,000 is more logical.

--Kestrel--
Old 12-12-2004, 02:25 AM   #62
Riftmaker
Elminster

Elm is really funny. If you read any of the FR books...there's one where he's really eccentric. Heck, he's eccentric all the time.

I'd love to see him waste Jonny....that'd be amusing.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #63
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Elminster is one of the highest-ranking Harpers... A "leader" of sorts. After the game takes place, the Harpers split into three factions, and he heads one of them.
As I thought. That's why I asked as well. It's not impossible to think that it's actually all coming down to Elminster. He is a powerful Harper, understandably able to deal out orders to (his) Harpers. On top of that, he was involved in your previous adventures in Baldur's Gate 1 (because he was a friend of Gorion's). Not to mention Gorion himself was a Harper as well. There should at least be some affinity between the Protagonist and the Harpers.

And I'm not a total idiot, I know my share of Forgotten Realms lore so you won't have to bother telling me that 'Elminster is a very powerful mage'.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:15 AM   #64
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

So, what is to be done with this idea for a module? We seem to be sidetracking again so I thought I would get us back on track.

--Kestrel--
Old 12-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #65
Link
Jack Burton

I thought we were still right on track. We had determined the Harpers were a good alternative after all and that Elminster was a highly ranking Harper. Now there's some good possibilities in there

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #66
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would realy like to see the harpers and the radiant heart join in, and i also think the cowled wizards are an option. They need someone to take down Irenicus, the pc wants to go there anyway, and in the meantime they are getting money to take you there, they can only see pluses for themselves in that deal.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #67
Riftmaker
Elminster

TGTF, we've been over this. The Order wouldn't help the PC go after the CWs.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #68
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry, i got bored and couldn't be bothered to read it all. Pardon my lazyness.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #69
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I see the Harpers as a mix of Good and Neutral motives. To explain, let me compare them to the Shadow Thief and Vampire guilds.

Bodhi and her Vampires represent a powerful extreme of Evil that is capable of taking over the entire city. The Harpers would naturally fight to utterly annihilate such a guild, as even a single Vampire could quickly vampirize dozens of other people to repopulate the guild all over again.

The Shadow Thieves are another strongly Evil force (walk into any Guildhall and Detect Evil to see for yourself) that has essentially already taken over the city in that they operate almost without interference from the guards--and it's rumored that the Shadowmaster sits on the Council of Six. Now, while the Harpers in the Galvarey Estate say that they would like to see the Shadow Thieves weakened, they would not want to see them destroyed.

I believe that the Harpers' opinion of the Cowled Wizards would be the same as their view of the Shadow Thieves, and so yes, they would sponsor the PC's trip to Spellhold. Whether the player wants to look on this as a 'Good' path or a 'Neutral' path is up to the individual (perhaps the Harper quests could include branching tasks: You can choose to do the Good or the Neutral alternative).
Old 12-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #70
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

So just out of curiosity, is someone going to make this mod, if so i shall put my cleric/mage game on hold.