Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

<font color=plum>Dare I say it? This movie was.......FANTASTIC!!!

There are some deviations from the comic, but that's standard procedure. The story was good and the CGI effects were superb. They did an awesome job of creating a true visualization of what the characters would look like (especially Torch and Thing).

I put this movie in the same class as the Spiderman and X-Men movies. Even though I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to the new "comic book movies", Fantastic Four definitely outranks Daredevil, Punisher and Hulk.

So forget the initial criticisms of the film. It is well worth the price of admission.</font>
Old 07-09-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Really? I was worried about this one, as it only got 1 star in a newspaper up here. Said that the characters were boring, unbelievable comparable to your 'family dinner at Thanksgiving'. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Maybe I'll get some free tickets for this one. Won't take a chance at spending my own money.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Really? I was worried about this one, as it only got 1 star in a newspaper up here. Said that the characters were boring, unbelievable comparable to your 'family dinner at Thanksgiving'. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Maybe I'll get some free tickets for this one. Won't take a chance at spending my own money.
<font color=plum>The plot is a bit slow at first. There is also a "lull" between their exposure to the cosmic rays and the manifestations of their powers. But after that, the pace picks up very quickly.

Of course, the same "criticisms" were made about Spiderman 2. I didn't really like the way they did Reed Richards at the beginning of the movie, but it DOES reflect the way he acted during a certain period of time, so at least it was accurate with the comic book. There is also background info on Ben Grimm that leads to character development...and that takes a bit of time.

It isn't anywhere NEAR as slow as the Hulk was though, even though they have to provide background and basic info on 5 major characters. It IS worth the price of admission and it will be one that I add to my DVD collection when it comes out.</font>
Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Sounds a bit more promising then! I'll check it out next weekend maybe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #5
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
<font color=plum>The plot is a bit slow at first. There is also a "lull" between their exposure to the cosmic rays and the manifestations of their powers. But after that, the pace picks up very quickly. </font>
I think giving them time for their powers to start showing up adds to the realism, especially letting them learn control and what their maximum limits are. IMO making them "instant superheroes" adds to the "bad science" so typical in these movies.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I liked it. It was fun. No big story plot, but fun nonetheless.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm looking forward to see it, but I acctually liked the Punisher movie and put it in the same category as Spidey and the X's... but thats just me... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:03 AM   #8
Stealth Expert
Dungeon Master

I actually just saw this movie today...well technically yesterday because its over mightnight now, 3AM but anyways i must say IMO this movie was worth the price and i'm glad I went to see it, i give it 4 1/2 stars and personally liked it better than xmen but of course spiderman still remains my favourite =P
Old 07-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

This is getting me more optimistic about it... I'll try and see it on Monday maybe.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:42 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I liked it a lot. The lull between exposure and manifestation was the minimum that they could have done, IMO. Tell those critics that gave it 1 star that your friend Timber said they were stupid, so they must be. All the characters were good, not all were your typical Hollywoodites (though half were -- but ms. Biel is a very nice looking and real unaltered figure, and with Torch, well a hot guy is a hot guy).

FLAME ON!!