Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
rpn
Welcomed New User

2 questions. Brief history first. I visited salamanders first, then slaves. Before revisting salamanders, I cleared the outside (not across bridge) and accidentally began chap 6. First, Soth (slave) never mentioned book about bridge...what prompts him? Second, I can't find salamander leader. Do I need to just kill them all to find the key?

Suggestions?

Thanks.
rpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

rpn,

First off:

. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Now, Wyrm's Tooth: Your Frost Salamander King should still be on the main museum level, in or very near the alcove where you first met him. He is hard to pick out, since his appearance and description are identical to the other slimy amphibians on that level; but his true identity is revealed in the combat information screen when you are beating him to death. You might have to kill them all (which was what you were going to do anyway, right?).

The slave with the Dwarven engineering manual should still be there, too. I forget exactly what you need to say to him. Just save before the conversation and reload as necessary to try all the conversation paths until you get it right.

Did the Frost Sallys attack you the last time you came back to the main level? (If you did everything right, they should.)

Have you talked with Vera?

I don't know, but one of the above two actions might be needed to get the right conversation path to show up for offering the dwarven manual.

(Just out of curiosity, do you own an HP calculator?)

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 12-16-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:42 AM   #3
kartetse
The Magister

Hi rpn!
Welcome to the forum! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Even if you missed the person with the manual you should be able to find the manual in the room where the people/slaves were. It should be in the top left-hand corner of the room - maybe hidden behind a table (IIRC) but you should spot it after hitting the TAB key. Hope it helps. Went thru there recently so should be able to answer questions you might have...

NobelNick: Does an HP calculator exist?! 'd love to have one!

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

kartetse,

Oh, yes, and they are very good machines. The old ones used only Reverse Polish Notation ("RPN") and a stack (and, no, that's not a joke); thus my question to rpn. The newer HPs, like my HP 49G, allow rpn or algebraic entry, downloadable programs/macros and even do symbolic math and graphing. I use RPN, since it is, IMHO, superior (i.e., quicker and easier) enough to more than warrant the short learning curve on stack operations.

BTW - The 49G has everything an engineer could want in a calculator, plus over a hundred features (literally) that I will never use.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote