Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This story ranks up there with the china-based story of the fake baby's milk and the other story of the toys with dangerous chemicals in them from Disney.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/04/2....ap/index.html

Mexico, making candy, sells to California. I think the report says that 3/4 of all Cali. children that are suffering at this time from Lead Poisoning are Hispanic children that bought this candy.

I buy Mexican candy here in NC, and I am wondering if the candy I am buying is also tainted with Lead?

BTW...Lead Poisoning can start out looking like a kid with Attention Deficit Disorder. It takes the place of iron, and iron deficiency is basically the same thing as lead poisoning, from what my text book says.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:10 AM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Lead contamination is serious. If we can sue our employers for the lead content in the paint at the office (which we can), we should take seriously any reports that candy may be contaminated with lead.

Want to bring a suit? Would you like to know more?

Erm.... sorry for the Star Troopers style of shameless legal services plug. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]