Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have patched my SoA game before, with both Official patch and the fixpack, but i recently had to clear computer, and this wiped away the patches. the problem is, everytime i try to download the patches from the indicated website in the sticky-note, it will cease to work after so much is completed. This is very annoying, as my Major Domo won't speak to me and their is flooding in my land! please, any help is appreciated.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:07 AM   #2
ryaldin
Elminster

What kind of connection do you have, and how long is it taking? Is it possible that your pc is timing out?
Old 11-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
my connection is 56k, though my speed is usually around 48 kbps. it may be that i'm timing out, i'm not sure, i never get a notification.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

check your connection settings. there's usually a "timeout" check box you can uncheck to make sure you don't close down. also, consider downloading getright utility... a download proggie that will pick back up where your previous download ended.

also what addy are you downloading from?

V***V
Old 11-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ok, i tried again recently, and it loaded to 21%, but then seemed to quit progressing. the animation of the download continued, but the transfer seemed to stop. Any ideas?

Edit: Should i just open the file, rather than save it to my BG2 folder?

[ 11-15-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 11-15-2003, 05:25 PM   #6
Kezardin
Elminster

As Vesselle suggested, it's worth getting a download manager such as Getright http://www.getright.com or NetVampire http://www.netvampire.com to download large files. If the download is interuppted, you can simply start it up again from that point, rather than having to restart the download from the beginning.

[ 11-15-2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Kezardin ]
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Thank you, everyone. I got the Getright thing and it got me all the way through the official patch and the fix pack. Does the fixpack still go straight to the override folder with "Getright"?

Thanks again.