Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 05:03 PM   #1
Lanover
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate Easytex - I stated that already. So, I made my own Easy-Tex. Since I can't programm a single line without crashing every computer on this planet, I chose a more traditional solution: Photoshop-Scripting.

I created three scripts and 2 photoshop-files that will automatically create wallsets for the 640 x 480 resolution - if you stick exactly to the readme-files I made.
If you own Photoshop 7 (I don't know exactly, but it could also work on Photoshop 6), this app should produce wallsets pretty fast.

However, there are some things this app won't do:

1) No transparencies. Sorry, just doesn't work, since anti-aliasing is necessary and can't be that specifically deactivated. Sorry.

2) No pseudo-3D-Structures like chimneys or wallsets, unless you can reduce them to a flat-texture yourself.

Like I said... it is a very simple version of EasyTex.

You can download it at my website:

Direct link: www.dreamlands.de/dateien/uaf-wallset-smartedit-prev.zip
Normal path: www.dreamlands.de -> uaf -> uaf-wallsets

Have fun...
Joerg
Lanover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

i'm having trouble getting this to work.

i do have photoshop 7, and followed the directions in the accompanying readme file, but every time i try it, it starts fine but then tells me that several commands are not currently available. specifically the commands, 'transform', 'merge layers', 'flip' and 'unsharp mask'.

am i just doing something wrong? i don't use photoshop a whole lot, mostly i use paint shop pro.

any help would be appreciated.

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 02-18-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What language version of Photoshop are you using? All the modules I used for this Action are standard-modules of Photoshop since version 3. "Transform" is a standard-function, "Merge Layers" is a standard command from the layer-menue, "Flip" is a standard-command from the Transform-Menue and "Unsharp-Mask" is a filter that was added as a standard-filter in Photoshop 2.

Sorry, but are you sure you are using a standard-version of Photoshop 7? Maybe you are using Photoshop-Elements or Photoshop LE? It is also possible that this action only works on the english version of Photoshop. Do you have another language-version of Photoshop than english?

(All those problems are the reason why all of my programms are english. I hate those problems with native language-problems...)

Maybe I can solve this problem. Try to describe what kind of Photoshop you are using.

Have fun,
Joerg
Joerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 06:20 PM   #4
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just made about 20 wallsets in under 10 minutes by using the actions. Even if I start fooling around and placing new layer-sets into the file, it works just fine.

Sorry, but at the moment, I can't seem to find an error in the action-sets.

Does anyone have a working 800x600 wallset? I would like to do comparable action-sets for 800x600 and 1024x768-sets.

Joerg

[ 02-18-2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Joerg ]
Old 02-18-2003, 07:19 PM   #5
manikus
Jack Burton

hmmm, i'm using photoshop 7, english language version.

i have suspected that the problem is on my end, because as you point out those are some of the most common commands...

well, looks like i have something to do this evening. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 PM   #6
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will test the action on two other versions of Photoshop when I got to work tomorrow. Since I plan on doing similar actions for the other resolution-types as well as some of the special formats (especially this so-called high-walls-format, which I have never seen up to now...). Easier wall-creation equals more walls. More walls equals more possibilities to use the programm which directly translates into more users... At least I hope this will happen.

I actually planned to put this Action up as freestuff into the "Gaming"-section of Renderosity. Stuff there usually gets a lot of attention...

Joerg
Old 02-18-2003, 10:40 PM   #7
manikus
Jack Burton

i've resolved my issues with photoshop. [img]smile.gif[/img] like i suspected it was a problem with me, and not your script or photoshop.

[edit]i'd done several dark walls so didn't notice, but the darkening action is only darkening the left small front panel and the right small 45 degree panel.
still, this is great, and is better than easy-tex.

-manikus

[ 02-18-2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: manikus ]
Old 02-19-2003, 12:07 AM   #8
Steve McDonald
The Magister

I only have Photoshop 5.0 LE. I know I'm behind the times, but is it possible to create a thing that would work for me? 5.0 may not have the necessary feature.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:27 PM   #9
Joerg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I fear I can't help you if you use Photoshop 5. My Photoshop 5-time is so far gone, that I can't even remember if Photoshop 5 already had scripting-capability. Everything else is just basic functions that even Photoshop 2 offered. So it should work, if Photoshop 5 has scripting-ability.

If not, you can still create your textures in the large-size-texture file provided, send me the results and I will run them through the script to give you the walls...

Maybe it helps...
Joerg