Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
Psyon

I am having trouble with the creating your whole party function that is supposed to work with the mutiplayer somehow. If someone could explain it to me step by step, I would be grateful.

Old 03-05-2001, 11:06 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

After clicking on Multi-Player, you can click on connect. YOu should the be presented with a screen that either forces you to choose the connection style, or one that allos you to create a game.

If you can create a game, do so. If you need to choose connection style, choose the one that most closely resembles your internet connection.

Then give it some session name, like Adventure. Then assign player name as Father Bronze (just using myself as an example, but you can use your name if you wish ). Click on new game. And when you click on a "Create Character" button, you will create a new character for your game. When you are finished creating the characters you wish (3-4 would be optimal because you then have a couple of slots open for NPC's) click on the check marks to assign control of all of the characters to yourself. Click on Done and watch the game begin.

If you want, you can save the game and then go to the BGII folder and move the saved game from the mpsave folder to the save folder and load the game in single player. This makes load times a bit faster and the game plays just the same.

Have fun!
Old 03-05-2001, 11:30 PM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

Yep, Father bronze is right....i think however you are supposed to choose 'Serial' for your connection type.
I wouldn't create more than three of your own though,so you leave room for the in - game NPC's so you can do their respective quests,also they're mutch more 'interesting' than your own ones(who dont talk mutch!).
I'd recommend creating a cleric though because they make great fighters too.
When i did this multiplayer thing first i simply dragged the save file from the multiplayer save folder to the single player save folder....it worked but the sound was all messed up,So definitely COPY and PASTE instead.(it was fine then).
,good luck

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".
Old 03-06-2001, 12:38 AM   #4
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

I made my own druid because Jaheira and Cernd are just too whiney...But by the time I got to the Underdark, I was too good...Even after turning up the difficulty. I think they make the NPC's difficult to make the game more challenging. I ended up scrapping the game back to just before I gave up Jaheira and I'm going to do the Harpers' quest next to maybe get her to chill out a little (I was saving it for when I got Imoen back so I could rack up some experience after she rejoined my party -That's why I didn't do it before...)

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #5
white heron
Manshoon

LadyRae - Yeah,i did ditch Jaheira (and everyone else) right at the start so i could learn a load of spells and pick a load of locks to rack up experience.....didn't pick up Jaheira for a while.I hate the way the TALK options don't let me say what i want to say to her! I think she's too tied in with quite a few quests and meetings to actually give up on.She's not a bad team member though i guess.I played without Aerie to avoid the catfights....but apparently they get on *alot* better later,but i need a better (good) cleric than Aerie.
Jaheira says some very wise things sometimes....i just wish she'd apply it to her life!
On a side note, when i first got BG2(2 weeks ago),in the Dungeon,i actually shed a few tears for her,when she found Kahlid....that was so sad. -I'm really not looking forward to killing Ajantis either! -he was my best mate.

,white heron

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".

[This message has been edited by white heron (edited 03-06-2001).]